Peekay
Support for DMS anywhere?
  • 2004/12/11 21:53

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I could do with some help with the Document Management System mod.

rifraff
Re: Support for DMS anywhere?
  • 2004/12/17 18:56

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

How can I help you with DMS? You can also go tohttp://dev.xoops.org and post a request for help in the forums.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder
DMS Developer

Peekay
  • 2004/12/18 19:06

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi rifraff. I downloaded version 0.97 and installed it o.k., but I have a couple of questions.

1) How does document routing work?. I tried to route a document to a registered user and got an 'unsuccessful' error message. (To be honest, I'm not really sure what this feature does)

2) Any help on how the life-cycles feature works?

3) I figured that checked-out documents were not to be used because they were in the process of being updated. However, when I 'checked out' a PDF file, users with read-only status were still able to view it in Acrobat plugin - and save/print it of course. Is there any way to disable the link to the document when it is checked-out to prevent this?

Thanks also for the link. Is it best to post questions here, or at dev.xoops.org? Thx.

rifraff
  • 2004/12/19 0:12

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

The purpose of document routing is to route a link to a document to a user or users. To route a document, the receiving user must have an inbox created within the DMS. To create an inbox, first create a folder, apply owner permissions of that folder to the user who will be the owner of the inbox, and finally, click on the command button to convert the folder to an inbox. Then, documents can be routed to the user who owns the inbox that you just created.

Please do a search on both this web site andhttp://dev.xoops.org for an explanation of the lifecycle system.

Checked-out documents can be viewed, this is normal. But, a checked-out document cannot be modified in the DMS until the user who checked-out the document either checks in a new version or cancels the checked-out status of the document. It is possible, of course, to change the code such that checked-out documents cannot be viewed at all; but why would anyone want to?

It is probably better to post questions athttp://dev.xoops.org because I check that more frequently.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Peekay
  • 2004/12/19 12:07

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Many thx Brian. I'll work with the module some more and post at dev.xoops.org if anything else crops up.

I understand now that checked-out docs cannot be changed. I could however forsee a situation where someone might prefer a policy document to be 'unavailable' while it was checked-out for editing, simply because the content of the document viewable online would be incorrect.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits