jpco_122122
Can XOOPS do this things?

Can XOOPS do the Recovery System like the one in Windows XP or a something like a System Restore so if ever everything fails to be backed up or you forgot to backed up within that day you can restore at a certain point and bring back everything?

Can anyone know this?

m0nty
Re: Can XOOPS do this things?
  • 2004/12/9 12:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

in short.. no XOOPS can't do this, but there are backup utilities around that will backup your server & MySQL database, some may allow scheduling aswell, or you could setup a cron job on your server to run the backup script.

incidentally, your web host should do backups anyway altho the times they backup vary from host to host.. some make daily backups, and some just weekly..

jpco_122122

I;ve been using XOOPS as an intranet. Can uyou give me a good advise what software or XOOPS modules shall I use to have an scheduling agent to backup everything especially my databse weekly?

m0nty
  • 2004/12/9 13:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

there's a module called Backup somewhere in the modules repository, if u can't find it let me know as i think i have a copy on my pc at home. this makes a backup of the XOOPS database.

with the actual files then i think any normal backup program should be able to cope with that, i use ACEBackup at home as it is pretty good at archiving..

Windows Task Scheduler can also be setup to run certain programs that you choose at a set time aswell..

hope this is useful for you.. i don't know of a XOOPS module that backs up both files & database..

Alan-A
  • 2004/12/9 14:39

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,
do a search in the forums here under something like "backup" - there was a thread a couple of weeks on this subject where the disadvantages of a XOOPS backup module were described.
Alan

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/9 14:41

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Login

Who's Online

459 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 459

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits