Liara
Dazed and Confused
  • 2004/12/8 20:17

• Liara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Hi,
I'm trying to add a new page to my website. I've read other posts on how to do this, and have come to the conclusion that I'm a very special kind of idiot because I can't get it to work.

I want to Add several pages to my site, such as About Us, My Family etc etc. I can't figure out how to add these pages. I'm beginning to bang my head in frustration and close to scrapping the site.

How do I add a page? I've tried Tiny Content and can't even get the content to show up unless I click printer friendly.

I would like the layout to be like that of a traditional website, so my link is on the left (not within the "frame"). So I guess, Can I upload a traditional HTML Page and make a link to it?

Is there a step by step guide on how to do this out there? Or if someone could explain it in a XOOPS for Dummies fashion, I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks.
Lia

coopersita
Re: Dazed and Confused

If you want to just add to the main menu, then go to System Admin > Blocks and edit the main menu block, just add your links before or after the loop.

jensclas

Quote:

Liara wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to add a new page to my website. I've read other posts on how to do this, and have come to the conclusion that I'm a very special kind of idiot because I can't get it to work.

I want to Add several pages to my site, such as About Us, My Family etc etc. I can't figure out how to add these pages. I'm beginning to bang my head in frustration and close to scrapping the site.

How do I add a page? I've tried Tiny Content and can't even get the content to show up unless I click printer friendly.
...Thanks.
Lia

Well I am no expert and I did have trouble doing the same thing. The answer for linking has already been made for you - but the creating of the page in the first place can be done in xoops. It comes down to this - you will need to tinker with html. I don't use tiny content, but I did download html kit (you will find it with a google search I am sure)to help with the writing of a page. So I wrote it offline, and then proceeded to paste it into a 'new block' file.

If you need to include images you will need to upload these to an image folder - I will hopefully come back tomorrow with more clear steps for you - have to run off to work now for a champagne brekkie and christmas do...in the mean time...

If you go to your system admin and click on blocks you will find at the bottom the option to ad a custom block - which can be your own complete web page. The trick is getting everything where you want it. you will need to make sure the image references are right.
To make a traditional web look on xoops, in this same area of blocks make sure no blocks are turned on for the right hand side.

If anyone is reading this how can we get spaw editor to show in the ad a block area??? That would be super useful to newbies!

Cheers

rajanurs
  • 2004/12/9 19:30

• rajanurs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

The simplest solution would be to use WF Channel module. You can create/edit pages with text and image and then add it under *WF Channel in main menu as sub menu links.

[*This is the default name for the module that appears in the main menu but you can change it to anything....For example MyWebPages. To change it go to Admin/Modules and replace the default text under the module.]

jensclas

If you choose to use the block approach here is an image of where it is
Resized Image

to see my block go tojen's classroom welcome page

I'll check out the WF channel module - I think I have that too..sounds like a much better idea than mine

Login

Who's Online

532 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 532

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits