nanka
internal server error 500
  • 2004/12/7 9:35

• nanka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/7

when i try to connect to my page in xoops, i receive an error 500.
I do not understand what can have happened. I use the last version of Xoops, installed on a server web with php 4.0.2; in total there are 6 customers registered, the topic is that one of yahoo, with the modules for the forum, download, news, etc.

I cannot construct the site one from the beginning, I pray you to help me !!!!!

thanks
Alessandro

migoe
Re: internal server error 500
  • 2004/12/7 10:01

• migoe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/2 9

Hi,

i can only say this:
my site that runs over 2 year without any problem with XOOPS from the beginning of XOOPS (1) until today (2.07.3) makes me some trouble on a server of my hoster to months ago. It was a false adjustment of the server-software that makes the trouble for me. Every second link in the mainmenu was a internal server error 500 - my solution: i changed the provider after 6 weeks . Maybe your hoster ist more flexible and faster with his reaction

migoe

LazyBadger

PHP 4.0.2 is bad choice today
Try to enable debug (PHP-debug) or see at server's logs

nanka
  • 2004/12/7 10:48

• nanka

• Just popping in

this is exactly the message from the server

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@parrocchiasantantonio.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache is 1.3.33รน

thanks
Alessandro

nanka
  • 2004/12/7 13:52

• nanka

• Just popping in

correction:

version php on server: 4.3.9

version sql: 4.0.20-standard

they serve other information? I pray to you help me, I do not know what me to make!

thanks
Alessandro

carnuke
  • 2004/12/7 14:04

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Check out this faFAQ carefully and the links to others in the bottom of page.

You may also be able to access your data from a tool like Phpmyadmin.

If all else fails, you are at the mercy of your host. Ask if tyhey have a backup, be firm BUT friendly!

nanka
  • 2004/12/7 15:44

• nanka

• Just popping in

Then the situation is this: I have cancelled the present rows .htaccess in pubblic, and module/system, and with surprise I have had access to the site one. Perhaps now there is a problem in the forum. To the end of all the pages are this written: Notice [ PHP ]: Use of undefined constant _ MI_NEWBB_BNAME4 - assumed ' _ MI_NEWBB_BNAME4 ' in rows modules/newbb/xoops_version.php linens 104

very thanks for the help
Alessandro

nanka
  • 2004/12/8 8:48

• nanka

• Just popping in

there is also this line:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_EVENNEWS_BNAME1 - assumed '_MI_EVENNEWS_BNAME1' in file modules/evennews/xoops_version.php line 53

what problem is??
help me, please

best regards
alessandro

m0nty
  • 2004/12/8 9:22

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

they are just notices and shouldn't stop your site working.. it is safe to ignore those.. it just means that they haven't been defined in the language files.. but it's safe to ignore them..

turning debug off will stop those messages..

also sometimes an internal error 500 means that the script is consuming too much memory, but thats probably cos ur host has a max memory limit set too low in php.ini..

nanka
  • 2004/12/8 10:42

• nanka

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
they are just notices and shouldn't stop your site working.. it is safe to ignore those.. it just means that they haven't been defined in the language files.. but it's safe to ignore them..

turning debug off will stop those messages..

also sometimes an internal error 500 means that the script is consuming too much memory, but thats probably cos ur host has a max memory limit set too low in php.ini..

you councils to me to upgrade the module of the forum?

when i do a new message in the forum, in the intermediate page there are these warnings:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: on_date in file modules/newbb/post.php line 130
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nosmiley in file modules/newbb/post.php line 166
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: icon in file modules/newbb/post.php line 167
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: attachsig in file modules/newbb/post.php line 168

it's a problem of upgrade to your opinion???

best regards
Alessandro

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits