kiwiguy
Post count retreival
  • 2004/12/5 5:31

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I just wondering i have accidently deleted the wrong member and now when she has rejoined i was wondering how I get her post count back up to what it was and all the anonymous posts that are there that are hers to be put back under her user name???

Thanks in advance

kiwi

kiwiguy
Re: Post count retreival
  • 2004/12/5 12:51

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

*bump*

ackbarr

the easiest way to deal with this might be:

determine what the deleted user's uid is
modify the new user account's uid to match the deleted user's uid (you'll have to use a tool that allows you to modify the xoops_users table directly, like phpmyadmin or myaql control center)
Then go to System -> Find Users and search for the new user account. Edit that account and click on the "Syncronize" button at the bottom of the Edit Users form.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/5 14:27

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

also look at this:
merg users

kiwiguy
  • 2004/12/6 7:22

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
the easiest way to deal with this might be:

determine what the deleted user's uid is
modify the new user account's uid to match the deleted user's uid (you'll have to use a tool that allows you to modify the xoops_users table directly, like phpmyadmin or myaql control center)
Then go to System -> Find Users and search for the new user account. Edit that account and click on the "Syncronize" button at the bottom of the Edit Users form.

Thanks ackbarr worked pretty much how i wanted after i changed the uid to the corresponding uid in the databse through phpmyadmin but since the user only post 18 times in the forum and had uploaded near 200 pics it did not include the post count to the picture uploads only the forum post.

So i ended up going into xcgallery and sychronising it and it put the user name onto all the pictures the user had added but still members true post count did not appear.

So i ended up going back into the databse and entering in manually the members rough true post count i just have to not sychronise that member when i do the others..

Well thought i let you know what i did to fix this as it may help others thanks again ackbarr muchly appreciated mate keep up the great work with xoops...

kiwi

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/6 7:36

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

kiwiguy unfortunatly only post in forum and comments are user true posts and XOOPS system does not count xcgal , news , article , ... as posts.so when you click on "sync" at edit user system change the user posts to his/her forum/comments posts.
this is not good but this is true

Beejay
  • 2004/12/6 7:51

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Well you can set the amount of posts to 200 or whatever in xgal admin and ask her to post a test pic. Her post count will be up on 200 again.

Login

Who's Online

517 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 517

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits