TheProfessor
Logging in not happening

My site is having some issues and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen and/or knows a fix.
MarvelDirectory is the site
2 days ago I was modifing a theme and changing blocks around. Took a little break. In the time of the break the host sever went down, tech problem. They have replaced the sever and transfered all my files over. The site can be used but no one can log in, myself (admin) included. No error is given it says thanks "USER" then goes to redirect and POOF! back to the screen top page without being logged in.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

irmtfan
Re: Logging in not happening
  • 2004/12/3 21:15

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

what is server spec? maybe IIS probelm with index.php
or a corrupt PHP file somewhere ? try upload all files ( except meinfile.php )

ackbarr

maybe I'm missing something, but when I go to the URL linked in the original post, I'm taken to a HTML based website.

Just a guess though, sounds like the URL that is used for your site differs from the one used in mainfile.php for the XOOPS_URL setting.

These two values need to match for logins to work properly.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/3 23:04

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Same here - doesn't look like an XOOPS site to me. Once you have that issue addressed (as stated by ackbarr) read on...

It sounds like a common problem relating to the xoops_session table in the MySQL database where it is reported as being 'in use' and needs flushing.

I suggest you read this post preferably from the start, but if you really can't wait go to reply 34. Trouble is it could be one of so many problems I really suggest you read all the posts, despite the fact that there are 5 pages of them!

Good luck.

TheProfessor

sorry about that. The XOOPS site is Marvel Directory

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/4 8:38

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Yup, looks like the xoops_session table in your database.

Your web host should provide you with a tool called phpMyAdmin accessible via your domain control panel. If they do, access it, and then access your XOOPS database. Get it to list all the tables for you and you may well find, about half way down that the value for xoops_session says 'in use'. To flush it, tick the checkbox and then click on the Empty button near the bottom. Then log out of your phpMyAdmin and try to access the XOOPS site again. (This is all described fully in the link I provided in my last post BTW).

Try that.

One last point, it may well be to do with the HTTP_REFERRER issues with regard to your users firewalls and the fact that your XOOPS site has not been coded to ignore it. Do a search for HTTP_REFERRER Check and you'll find loads on theis site about it.

Good luck

TheProfessor

That worked like a champ thanks for the help :)

davidl2
  • 2004/12/27 23:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I tried the same thing - and it didnt work at all :(

cleared session table - tried to log in it recognises the session but the session_logged_in never changes from 0

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits