Anonymous
How i can use xoops as intranet system ?
  • 2004/12/4 6:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi guys,
i wanna use XOOPS as DMS in intranet network, so what's main step to do this and what's best module can using as file managment system with archiving and admin panel.

jdseymour
Re: How i can use xoops as intranet system ?

I would say, although I havn't used it, give the module "Document Management System" a try. It is on the Module Dev site here:http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?group_id=1149

It seems to have most of the features that you want:

Features:
Document storage
Basic document checkin/checkout locking capability
Document copy/move within the DMS.
Document lifecycles
Document versioning
Document properties
Document routing (to user inboxes within this DMS)
Document templates (when creating a file, if enabled)
Full Text Search using Swish-E
Keyword Properties Search
User, Group, and Everyone permissions
Auditing

Trove Categorization

It is still in beta, beta 4, but should be testable.

HTH.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 11:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi jdseymour,
Thanx 4 ur reply, i wanna download win version (zip file )of this module, is it available ?

jdseymour

No seems to be all BZip format, but my archiver, WinAce seems to handle it ok. Maybe other zip programs handle it as well.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 12:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Unziping .....

jdseymour

Please if you don't mind post back a short review, and let us know how it worked for you.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/5 14:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

It's very good module but anonymous users can't access the DMS module.

rifraff
  • 2004/12/6 19:05

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

I posted a reply to your posting onhttp://dev.xoops.org regarding anonymous user access. Basically, you have to create a user account, in Xoops, that you will use for anonymous users. Then, this user account needs to be selected from the DMS Admin/Anonymous User screen. Once this has been completed, the DMS will assume that anyone not logged in is this anonymous user. Any folders/documents with the correct permssions for this anonymous user will be displayed.

Also, if you attempting to use the DMS on a Windows Server, I cannot guarantee that it will work at this time. I have developed the DMS on an Apache/Linux/MySQL/PHP system and have Windows support listed as a feature request.

On a Linux system, the DMS could be used on a production system. Though it is listed as beta software, as of version 0.97 I am not aware of any bugs that exist. We have been testing the DMS modules with a 75,000 document repository successfully for months and have successfully demo'ed the system to some people in the upper-management category. At this time, the only reason I have the module listed as Beta is because I have a couple things I want to do pre version 1.0. Once version 1.0 is released, I'll change it's status.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder
breifsnyde@state.pa.us

Mestophales

I have installed it and it works until I try to upload a file - again a permissions issue on a Win2k3 box. I have not had time to go back and fix the permissions issue for the directory it tries to upload to.

I am currently using XOOPS as an intranet for very large company on a windows environment. I am not a strong PHP programmer, but very stron ASP programmer so I mix the 2 using the CJ Content Module and Custom Blocks.

I especially like the xHelp Module - Ticket System

I also like the eCal Module. I have our HR Time Off Requests writing to that Calendar.

Anyway - no worries, only small things - mostly due to inexperience with PHP.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/12/6 20:31

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Brian

Thanks for sharing
But even knowing that
Quote:
Also, if you attempting to use the DMS on a Windows Server, I cannot guarantee that it will work at this time. I have developed the DMS on an Apache/Linux/MySQL/PHP system and have Windows support listed as a feature request.

Coul you provide a kindly . zip file for us just for instance translate and take a look to the code, etc?

I guess it will be great.
Thanks in Advance

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits