being
GrabaGeek, a help site in progress
  • 2004/12/1 11:04

• being

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/1

Hi everyone,

Still getting my head around this XOOPS cms system but have been very impressed with it so far. I have no scripting experience at all but was determined to make a unique template for this site.

http://www.grabageek.net

The site isn't a week old yet and so has a long way to go but visually it's getting close to how I wanted it.

Look forward to any comments.

limecity
Re: GrabaGeek, a help site in progress
  • 2004/12/1 11:27

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

wow impressive..
love the colors
and the menu bars.

YourHelp
  • 2004/12/1 23:52

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

This is one of the best sites ive seen this year it’s very impressive defiantly a 10/10 it’s very welcoming it’s not hard on the eyes whilst giving a wicked effect. Lime and blue go well together certainly the first site ive seen with these colours. Your header and footer is WONDERFUL they fit right into the theme well a lot of people struggle with those but you have aced it. Overall it’s a great site well done I have you bookmarked. This would be a nice theme to release the choice is entirely yours.

WarDick
  • 2004/12/2 1:25

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I really like your solution for displaying all of the submit buttons in a group. This solves many problems. Most importantly it reduces the number of pages fetched to submit an entry.

Colors are good too.

Great Job!

JMorris
  • 2004/12/2 4:23

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Wow, if that site doesn't get your attention, nothing will!

Awesome work! Ctrl+D 4 Sure!

being
  • 2004/12/2 6:48

• being

• Just popping in

Many thanks for taking the time to check the site out. It's great to get such positive feedback.

I should mention the site is a team effort, lots of friends brainstorming to dream up the site. Shame on me for not mentioning that in the original post.

The graphics / layout and theme are left to me but I would like to try and keep the sites look as unique as possible, so wouldn't really like to release a theme of it. When the main work is done on the theme/graphics I'll work on something to give back to the XOOPS project as a thanks though.

jensclas

Since you have done such a wonderful job (I love it) how about a tutorial on how to design something like yours? I haven't been game at all yet to dabble in creating my own theme!

Cheers
Jen

pmcnamara
  • 2004/12/4 15:09

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/3

WOW.. really good !!

carnuke
  • 2004/12/4 17:37

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello being

Because of the quality and content of your site I have added this to Community Websites on the documentation site.

Thanks for your hard work and proving once again that XOOPS is a perfect vehicle for creative expressive workmanship.

being
  • 2004/12/5 11:07

• being

• Just popping in

I've started writing a tutorial on how the site was put together, I still need to add images and turn it from scribble to something approaching a tutorial so it may take some time. I'll post a link to it here when it's complete and in any submit to the relevant section it should be in at xoops.org

Many thanks for the comments and adding the site to the community section carnuke, I'll be sure to put XOOPS in as a partner on grabageek also.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits