EdStacey
Blocks without a Subject or space
  • 2004/11/29 22:51

• EdStacey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

I didn't know where to post this, I hope someone can help. What I would like to do is produce a block that doesn't have a space or part of the subject.. just a line all around the durn thing.. here's what I get if I leave no title on the block:
Resized Image

As you can see, a portion of the blue topic thing is there where I would like to have a grey line.. If I use a different theme, the blue may vanish, but it leaves a blank..

Also, if I put no subject in the block.. here's what the admin block looks like.. :
Resized Image

How do you make a block that has a name instead of Custom HTML and can have a name (that doesn't appear in the title of the box shown on the page)?

Anyone?.. suggestions?.. please help.. thank you.

brash
Re: Blocks without a Subject or space
  • 2004/11/29 22:59

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

First link doesn't seem to work

m0nty
  • 2004/11/29 23:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes you've put the wrong slashes in the url's

they should be // not \\.. but i get a page not found when trying them..

either way, for your 1st question, you would need to edit the blocks templates and remove the menu headers.. i'm not quite sure if that can be done just by editing the template files themselves tho, u may need to edit a php file somewhere.. maybe a dev can confirm this or not..

*EDIT*

i think, look for something similar to this in the theme.html, theme_blockcenter_r.html etc etc

find: class="blockTitle"><{$block.title}>

and remove that line from those files, and i think that should do the trick..

EdStacey
  • 2004/11/29 23:29

• EdStacey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
i think, look for something similar to this in the theme.html, theme_blockcenter_r.html etc etc

find: class="blockTitle"><{$block.title}>

and remove that line from those files, and i think that should do the trick..

Thank you for the help, I'm sure you must think I'm #1 idiot with the slash pages.. Heck, I had to edit the message three times at least to get it right.. I'm just not handy when it comes to these things..

Would something like, "if blocktitle = "" then $block.title = (whatever the rest of the the block boundry should be)"... That way if I entered a blank title in the block editor it would just put in a chunk of whatever was supposed to be there.. ?

Thank you again for the quick response... I'm really enjoying the Xoop.. and trying my best to come up with a site that looks half as good as the rest of yours..

brash
  • 2004/11/29 23:37

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Other thing you *could* do if this is to be a static block is just manually insert it into your theme.html. Reason I say this is that if you edit the block template then that will apply to all blocks, not just the one you are editing. It is a bit of a dirty hack though, but one that gets the job done.

m0nty
  • 2004/11/29 23:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

as far as i know, an if else statement should work by all means, but don't quote me on it..

but brash's idea is a good 1 for a 1 off custom block..

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits