Clever
Re: MyLinks... I'm probably just retarded, but...
  • 2004/11/25 4:47

• Clever

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

Hi!
I installed the "mylinks" module and made about 15 main categories and a whole bunch of subcategories. When I finished, I viewed the page and both main and subcategories are "bold" so you can't tell what the main category is. How can I make this so only the main categories are bold?
Also, I am using a fixed-width theme and this really scrunches the categories all up - is there a way to decrease the number of columns? Right now, it shows up as 3 columns wide... I'd rather have just two - or even just one! Is it possible to adjust this?
Thanks for any help you can provide!!
Warmest regards,
Lisa

rcjohnson
Re: MyLinks... I'm probably just retarded, but...
  • 2004/11/27 17:57

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hi Clever,
The formatting of the categories comes from the style sheet and from the template used.

You can find the templates in your Sys Admin |Templates | Weblinks area. I think your looking at modifying the "mylinks_viewcat.html" template.

In that template, you'll see that subcategories use the
<font class="subcategories">. This class is what defines the look and feel of the way your information is presented. Either the font class will appear in your themename/style.css or the formatting of the template is being used.

It also may be appearing bold because it is an actual link, and the when some text has a link, it becomes bold as this is also defined in the style.css sheet.

I think Im right about the above, Im still learning myself, but that should get you pointed in the right direction.

After you change a template, you'll need to also "update" the the module the template was changed in as well as the system module.

YOu can update the modules by pressing the "update" button next to each module in teh "Sys Admin" | "Modules" area.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits