assamese1
xoops & webServices
  • 2004/11/24 19:11

• assamese1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/21

Hi.

I want to integrate my XOOPS frontEnd with a soapServer.
The soapServer functions can be accessed via WSDL.

What is the best way to design this...other than coding in PHP, is there a module that makes it more cut & dry ?

Thanks on advance.
S.

Mithrandir
Re: xoops & webServices

Not yet, as far as I know.

It *should* be rather simple to consume web services through PHP - with the help of proper WS server and client classes, e.g. the PEAR ones - but I have not had the opportunity to work with it yet.
I will in the near future, though ("near future" is defined as within the next 6 months)

ackbarr

there are a couple ready to use packages for consuming / serving SOAP services in PHP

PEAR::SOAP
NuSOAP

I personally have used the PEAR::SOAP implementation and found its OO design very nice.

In related news, I recently purchased the PHP Anthology Books from Sitepoint.com and I found them to be a wonderful set of training reference books for someone learning the language. If you already know PHP, book 2 still has several good chapters, covering topics like XML, XML-RPC, SOAP, Caching, Access Control mechanism, etc.

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/phpant1/

assamese1
  • 2004/11/24 19:37

• assamese1

• Just popping in

Do you suggest I use PHP 5; which is supposed to have better support for webServices consumption...are there any issues with using XOOPS with PHP5 ?

Thanks. S.

assamese1
  • 2004/11/24 19:43

• assamese1

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help...as you can tell, I am new to PHP, so, I was not aware of 'PEAR:Soap' or 'NuSOAP'; I assume that these packages make it easy to consume webServices..I guess, I should just play with 1 of these to get a better idea.
I have a java-struts soapClient that I am going to convert to a PHP-XOOPS soapClient.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits