gxx
Headlines
  • 2004/11/18 19:06

• gxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/15

I cannot get other feeds to display other than the XOOPS feed.

I have read the other posts on this topic and installed the upgrade... complete with an uninstall/install cycle. I am using 2.0.7.3

I have tried the various encodings to no avail. I have tried numerous feeds from various sites... no luck.

Are there compatibility issues with rss/rdf feeds? An obscure bug?

Thanks.

dickinsd
Re: Headlines
  • 2004/11/20 19:05

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Did you ever figure this out as I am also unable to get newsfeeds from locations other than Xoops, and I also have tried several sources and all the different encoding optins available??

Thanx

Dave

pegbob4
  • 2004/11/20 22:36

• pegbob4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/8 1

I have the same problems. On occassion headlines updates and then again it doesn't. Operator fell asleep at the wheel perhaps.

GIJOE
  • 2004/11/21 9:59

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

XoopsHealine is a too buggy module.

You can try xhld module.
I recommend xhld to all XOOPSers with confidence.

The latest -2.51- is a stable version.

dadruid
  • 2004/11/21 20:26

• dadruid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/12

[edit] Nevermind

dickinsd
  • 2004/11/22 19:10

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

COOL thanx this seemed to work great (almost)

I now get the RSS feeds that I want, although some of them do some wierd stuff like the BBC - I ask for 5 feeds in the main page, it gives me about 20, but only descriptions for 5 ??????

AND for some reason it does NOT appear to work with WF-Channel, for some reason this does not display any more?

I have tried a few things and even removed this RSS module, but it is simply not working any more.

Doesn't bother me too much as I have found another way of getting that info across, so never mind, but if anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it, please share as WF-Channel is pretty good!

Anyway thanx for the tip (Iknow it seems to have messed something up but... I can live with that for now)

I would also recomend using this tool to other XOOPS users (unless your using WF-Channel as your homepage)

Dave

PS: I have just tried adding another RSS feed to it, and this also failed to follow my administration - again I choose only 5 items in the main windows, yet it displayed about 20.

Both of the feeds I am having problems with are ISO-8859 feeds, where as the UTF feed has no problems, any thoughts??

GIJOE
  • 2004/11/22 19:22

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

Quote:

I now get the RSS feeds that I want, although some of them do some wierd stuff like the BBC - I ask for 5 feeds in the main page, it gives me about 20, but only descriptions for 5 ??????

If you want to display as old style, set it in preferences.
And the total of recent headlines -new style- can also be changed in preferences.

Quote:
AND for some reason it does NOT appear to work with WF-Channel, for some reason this does not display any more?

I've never used WF series and I can't understand what you mean.

If it shows blank page, turn "php debug" on.

At least, xhld is a gentle module and it observes the minimum rules as a XOOPS module, I believe.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits