csteneroden
Can you add pages/menu items
  • 2004/11/18 6:37

• csteneroden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

Can you simply create a new block in the block editor, and make it its own page (with its own menu-item on the menu)? It seems you can only choose it to go on one or all of the existing modules' pages (i.e. News or home). Does this mean that only modules have entries in the main menu, and their own page?

Without getting into Module development, can this be done? Or, is there an existing module that can do this?

I think this functionality in a CMS is sometimes known as "per-tab" or "per-node" management, and I cannot figure out how to do it using Xoops.

csteneroden
PLEASE HELP!
  • 2004/11/22 2:01

• csteneroden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

I have searched for this information extensively - other forum posts seem to indicate that I need to use a wrapper like TinyContent or TinyD, or something like it, to get this functionality. IS THIS TRUE?

Please answer - I do not know why no one has yet. It cannot be hard to answer for an experienced user, so I assume that people think I should be able to find this out in the documentation or other forum posts. However, step back and realize it is not so straightforward for a new user.

Look on the left of this page - see all of the Menus, and sub-menu items? How was this accomplished? Does Xoops.org use something like TinyContent, or is their XOOPS installation all customized to get the menu to display these items? This functionality is not "out-of-the-box'?

DobePhat
Re: PLEASE HELP!
  • 2004/11/22 3:45

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

multimenushould do you just nicely:

ooops forgot:
THis module multimenu works great. But tiny content does more of what you are talking about.

And now you can have multiple instances of it as well so....

What I do is just use something like tinycontent, to wrap the pages, then use multimenu to create the menus, based on how I organize it. (though you can easily make your own custum menu block using the style rules from your main menu as well)

your on the right track...

monde
Re: Can you add pages/menu items
  • 2004/11/22 5:22

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/15

I've noticed that www.xoops.org itself uses the WF-Channel module to display its All About XOOPS menu item (https://xoops.org/modules/wfchannel/) and nested contents.

I've downloaded both Tiny Content and WF-Channel to see what they can do and prefer WF-Channel at this point.

I found a module called Enterprise-X which provides a reasonable way to display a company profile which is included in your main menu. This module has a few quirks but nothing that can't be fixed.

nota bene: both WF-Channel and Enterprise-X are in 1.00 versions, while Tiny Content seems to have been out longer.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits