dejadingo
Recommendation for a photo gallery?
  • 2004/11/20 3:59

• dejadingo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

Can anyone recommend a module for a simple photo gallery where only an administrator can upload files or create albums?

My test server is Windows 2000, but the production server will be a Unix box. When I tried to install XoopsGallery and xcGallery, they both gave out a bunch of warnings.

Also there seems to be a dependency on some external software for the thumbnail images? I don't have a lot of experience with managing images this way, so I don't quite understand what is required here? Is my service provider likely to have these packages installed?

Thanks.

smdcom
Re: Recommendation for a photo gallery?

try myalbum available athttp://www.peak.ne.jp

Mithrandir

I use MyAlbum - works very well indeed.

m0nty
  • 2004/11/20 12:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Also there seems to be a dependency on some external software for the thumbnail images? I don't have a lot of experience with managing images this way, so I don't quite understand what is required here? Is my service provider likely to have these packages installed?

Thanks.

they all utilise either, imagemagik, netpbm or GD/GD2

GD & GD2 should really be installed already by ur host company as part of php, so if in doubt then select GD or GD2. GD2 would be preferred tho..

netpbm requires binaries for ur system, and i'm not sure if there's any complete binaries that work on windows servers, but u say ur production site will be linux based so there shouldn't be a problem using netpbm there, but you will need to copy the binaries to the server..

imagemagic, is a lot more difficult to install and i think requires root access anyway, so i'd forget abt using that.. especially as the other 2 are more than ample for a gallery module..

GD2.0.28 now supports gif creation aswell, so expect to see gallery modules being utilised now to take advantage of that fact, where as before only imagemagic and netpbm catered for gif creation..

Mantooth
  • 2004/11/30 22:29

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

hey m0nty.

do you know what i can do to upload animated gifs into my gallery? I tried using xcGallery but it doesn't seem to support this.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits