rhad2k
DB PEOPLE>>>> PLEASE HELP!!!
  • 2004/11/5 7:23

• rhad2k

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

Hey all,
My boss wants me to set up XOOPS for our portal at school.
Here's my problem... we have a preexisting discussion board (UBB.Classic, may it burn in flat file hell) that he wants to convert the user base and posts to the XOOPS board. I have some experience with mySQL and have made a dent in converting a few of the smaller files over to XOOPS. My question concerns the user table, primarily the actkey and password fields. I'm not certain if it'll port over cleanly, or if XOOPS was even designed to deal with such a posibility.

is there a way to deal with providing an actkey and their passwords which weere NOT encypted on the old board (tisk tisk). I doubt boss will be happy if everyone has to reregister their accounts.

if anyone knows.... Please clue me in.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Herko
Re:DB PEOPLE>>>> PLEASE HELP!!!
  • 2004/11/5 7:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

if you use the registration code in the XOOPS core files, you could probably create a php file that generates an actkey (but this is only needed for the registration process, and as your users already are registered you can probably leave it empty, not sure tho -you can check this by manually adding a new user in the system admin. edit user page and see if it adds an actkey or not), and can encrypt the passwords. XOOPS stores MD5 hashes of the passwords, so if you want your members to use their old passwords, you'll have to hash them and store the hash value.

I'm not a coder, but a custom php file should be able to generate an actkey and hask the passwords and store both for you.

Herko

basby
  • 2004/11/18 19:25

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/28

Hi rhad2k,

Did you succeed in porting ubb to Xoops? If yes and you still have the software,could I maybe use your convertion software? I would realy appreceate it!!

Regards,
basby

jmass
  • 2004/11/18 19:41

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

There are quite a few threads regarding the importing of users via SQL.

Search a bit. I know that I had to do what you are talking about and found all of the help I needed in the forums.

I will look to see if I have the files I created. They are not scripts, just sql import pages, but you should get the idea.

basby
  • 2004/12/1 22:09

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/28

Ok, thanks, I will have a look. So these are not specific ubb conversion files but conversion files in general, if I understand it correctly.

I would love to see the files you used.

Regards,
Basby

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits