davedorm
Bookmarklet
  • 2004/11/17 22:08

• davedorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Has anyone developed a bookmarklet that will allow a user to post on the News module? Many blog packages have this function already. Has someone done this? It is really the only thing I miss in Xoops. I like to be able to right click (or click a bookmarklet) and post something I see online on the fly.

Any insight?

brash
Re: Bookmarklet
  • 2004/11/17 22:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Sorry, I'm not up with the world of blog. How does what you've describe differ from the comments system? Any examples?

ackbarr

what he describes is a bookmark comprised of javascript that when accessed from a browser lets you create a post directly, without having to open a new window. Many times the bookmark will also pre-fill information about the page you are curently looking at to speed up entry. Blog applications such as Wordpress include these bookmarks (called bookmarklets) with their application. I too would love to see this feature added to the XOOPS news module.

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/17 23:42

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Why limit it to the news mod?

jdseymour

Yes I agree this would be a good thing. My website was a wordpress blog before I installed Xoops. But XOOPS offers so much more I don't mind being without it for now.

davedorm
  • 2004/11/18 1:12

• davedorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Wow, great responses already. So this is not something that anyone has developed thus far, then. I will look into it, although my coding skills suck. But maybe someone can do a beter job than I.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits