Vamp-e
Language
  • 2004/11/2 15:56

• Vamp-e

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

Hy I'm John Renzenbrink from www.jibo.nl/vamp-e
I want to make my website in Dutch, but i wanna know if there is an easy way to change the language.

so if anyone knows plaese send me an e-mail.

ackbarr
Re:Language

you can change the XOOPS core application language by downloading the Dutch Language pack:

https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=21

If you use 3rd party modules, you may have to additionally install a dutch language pack for those modules.

The content (news articles, forum posts), on the other hand, will have to be manually translated into the new language.

Ronaldus
Re: Language
  • 2004/11/2 16:03

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Hi,

I'm also from Holland.
There is a Dutch language file (for XOOPS and basic modules), AND a Dutch support site.
Visit the Local support (community menu).

By the way: the guy who translated the files in Dutch is from Belgia, I guess.
There are some none Dutch expressions in the language files.
But he did a good job and it's a good start.
I checked and improved sevceral files by hand.

For some modules there are no Dutch translations, so will have to translate yourself the files in the language folder of that module.

Greetings,

Ronaldus

Jan304
Re: Language
  • 2004/11/2 16:37

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Hi there,

Quote:
By the way: the guy who translated the files in Dutch is from Belgia, I guess.
There are some none Dutch expressions in the language files.

Belgia? I think you meaning from Belgium or Flanders. Yes, I'm. You clearly say 'Dutch expressions' which means we don't speak Dutch or so? I think I will do like I haven't read it...

Quote:
But he did a good job and it's a good start.
I checked and improved sevceral files by hand.

Think I will take that as a compliment.

However, you say you improved the files. Why haven't I ever received a file with corrections? If you read on DXS (Dutch XOOPS Support) you will see I repeatedly ask people to contribute corrections, nobody except people from the DXS admin team ever did that.

And if you got time over and want to correct the language files, I invite you to mail me, so you can join the translation team.

Greetings, Jan

PS: I have not written language files alone, people who contributed big parts of the translation: Shine and Herko.

Ronaldus
  • 2004/11/2 18:05

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

You were just ahaed of me Jan.
I saw you were online when I made the post, and expected a reaction .

Off course we both speak Dutch, but Belgians do have some non-Hollandic expressions, which I 'corrected', according to my (not expert) opinion.

The other thing is surely meant as a compliment!

I did not went through the complete files yet, but I am surely willing to make a contribution to the Dutch language files.

Only thing that's keeping me for this moment is a lack of time (but who hasn't...), due to a 60 hour per week job and the construction of my new house.
But anyway: you can contact me...

Greetings,

Ronaldus

PS
If you visit my site you can see some changes I made.

Jan304
  • 2004/11/2 19:12

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Quote:
You were just ahaed of me Jan.
I saw you were online when I made the post, and expected a reaction .

Guess people start to know me here

Quote:
Off course we both speak Dutch, but Belgians do have some non-Hollandic expressions, which I 'corrected', according to my (not expert) opinion.

I can't deny that, but, you "Hollanders" also have Hollandic-only expressions which we don't understand. Something you people seem to forget so now and then...

Quote:
I did not went through the complete files yet, but I am surely willing to make a contribution to the Dutch language files.

Mm, I prefer that you edit file by file instead of just giving me 'corrected' files. That's why I invited you for joining the dutch translation team. This way you will be able to edit the 'official' translation.

Quote:
Only thing that's keeping me for this moment is a lack of time (but who hasn't...), due to a 60 hour per week job and the construction of my new house.

60 hour week? Lucky I'm still going to school .

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits