ladysham
NewBB2 problem
  • 2004/10/19 20:26

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I've gone through the forums and can't see to find an answer to this problem.

I have a user that emailed me today and told me that she couldn't post to forums. It was giving her this error message:

Could not insert forum post

Insert topic error:INSERT INTO xoops_bb_topics (topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster, forum_id, topic_time, poster_name, approved) VALUES (0, 'Reintroduction and Hello!', 422, 42, 1098216760, '', 1)

This woman had problems at the beginning in signing up. However, eventually, she got registered.

Today, I had her make sure that my website was added to her firewall program. I also deleted her profile/account and reset it up for her myself. She got the activation link, activated it and went to the forums to post. She still can't post.

She is the only one that responded to me that she was having this problem - so it's got to be something on her end, I would think. I've had numerous other postings today without any problems. Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can do to trouble shoot this with her?

Thanks!

Mithrandir
Re: NewBB2 problem

I can only think of the firewall blocking the HTTP_REFERER... Are you absolutely certain this is not the case?

sdmacint
Re: NewBB2 problem
  • 2004/11/1 12:37

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
I can only think of the firewall blocking the HTTP_REFERER... Are you absolutely certain this is not the case?

How can I find out what the "HTTP_REFERER..." is and if it is blocked? I have a user with the same problem. She is running Norton Internet Security version 4. Unfortunately, she is a "low tech" user so I'll need to be quite specific in my instructions to her. Suggestions?

Her error is:
Quote:
Insert post error:INSERT INTO xoops_bb_posts ( post_id, pid, topic_id, forum_id, post_time, uid, poster_ip, poster_name, subject, allow_html, allow_smiley, allow_bbcode, icon, attachsig, attachment, approved, post_karma, require_reply) VALUES (0, 13371, 2239, 3, 1099130092, 322, 1143893621, '', 'Re: BiC Quest Breakdown', 0, 1, 0, '0', 0, '', 1, 0, 0)

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits