pixelpusher
editing home page content

I've got my XOOPS site working and have figured out how to create news articles and links but can't find where to edit content on the home page. I entered text on setup but can't find where to edit or add to it.

I'm also interested in utilizing rss feeds. Where should I look for this documentation? I tried a few things in the headlines module but that does not seem to work for me. Is that the module used to pull feeds?

Thanks

---------------------

Interesting note: I work for Time Inc. and we've been porting sites to our cms system created using vignette. We still are not done creating the templates and the gui and workflow is frightning.

It's taken me one weekend to get XOOPS installed and working on my hosting account. (I'm a complete rooky at installing server apps). I can't wait to show some people how simple this can be done.

Keep up the great work!

I'd like to get involved in some developement once I find a good fit.

beerMe
Re: editing home page content
  • 2004/10/31 19:56

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

What content on the home page are you trying to edit?

If you google "rssfit" and click on the first link (I think it's a brandycoke.com address) you should find plenty of documentation on the RSS feed. There are also a few different RSS modules, including rssfit, in the Module Repository on this website.

pixelpusher

I'm trying to edit the center colum "main topic" http://www.linxvisual.com/

beerMe
  • 2004/10/31 20:21

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

What module is that? That is, what module is listed as your default module in the Admin -- Preferences -- General Preferences section? If there is no default module defined, look through your Admin -- Blocks section and see what module is visible as a center block, then you should be able to click Edit next to the block and edit the content from there.

pixelpusher

That was it. I setup a custom block at install. Thanks for your help

Login

Who's Online

505 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 505

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits