Oesie
Need advise for creating a module
  • 2004/10/27 11:19

• Oesie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 1

Dear XOOPS members,

I want to know your opinion about creating a new XOOPS module. How to set it up, and if I need other programmers with me. And if they are around inhere.
I want to know this because I'm really short of time (school/work) and really want the module.

I've a plain (without secruity, no sql, etc. etc, just text) cocktailsite running for some years. I started it when I couldn't find any good dutch cocktail site. But when the time got short by I never had the time to finish it (because it is all from scratch as well). Last year I discovered cms systems and XOOPS.

And there the light goes on again. Can't I make a module for XOOPS that is capable for cocktail management. After some plain XOOPS site I consider myself still as newbie and want to create the new module for that old cocktailsite (I already turned into XOOPS). But where do I need to start? What do I need?

Programming is not the best thing of me and I always want good documentation when I start to build something. My question is to find some good docu about creating a module and maybe some people that are interested in creating a 'cocktail' module.

What is finished is the complete database structure. And the ideas what it should do. Is there anybody inhere interested to create this module, or maybe it already exists?

ackbarr
Re:Need advise for creating a module

perhaps this is my lack of understanding the purpose of the site, but what would the completed cocktail module have to do?

Oesie
  • 2004/10/27 13:08

• Oesie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 1

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
perhaps this is my lack of understanding the purpose of the site, but what would the completed cocktail module have to do?

Here a short description what the module should do:
- add/edit/delete a cocktail
- add/edit/delete a cocktail category
- add/edit/delete ingredients
- add/edit/delete glasses
- add/edit/delete sort cocktails
- sort cocktails by category/added/name (query)
- rate a cocktail (query)
- my cocktails (selection of cocktails you can make with the user got the ingredients of) (query + stored ingredients)
- top rated cocktails (query)
- last added cocktails (query)

In my opinion it looks like the news module with some extra's.

Anoyomous users should be able to browse through the added cocktails (rate?).
The registered users can have their own 'ingredient box' so they can see what cocktails they can make with those ingredients. Rate cocktails, post comments.

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/27 14:32

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Sounds like you want to take an already existing module (e.g. links comes to mind) and clone it, and make appropriate changes.

Hope this gives you a start...

jpco_122122

Dear XOOPS members,

I was having the same problem with Oesie, I am new to php and I found XOOPS was the best solution for a Content Management System. I want to have a Crime module. here's a short description what the module should do:

add/edit a Crime case such as: Rape,Theft,Murder,Homicide,Frustrated murder, Frustrated homecide.

add/edit a time what time the Crime had happened.

add/edit Crime Status:
New, Filed, Unfiled, Unsolved, Solved.

add/edit the policeman in-charge with the crime scene.

add/edit a precint number:
Precint 1, Precint 2

add/edit places or town.

add/edit profile of a policeman.

add/edit a picture of Wanted Criminals with profile.

Only registered users and administratore have the right to view and edit.

Any ideas what it should do. Is there anybody in here interested to create this module, or maybe it already exists?

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits