wcrwcr
Sending mail problem
  • 2004/6/9 7:48

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi all!

I?m running a fresh XOOPS 2052 site and having trouble on getting the user activation mail.

Linux
Apache
PHP Version 4.3.4

Using the PHP mail() option.

The curious thing is that the contact form (liase) works very well, the sending mail through admin>send mail, works too and when I try to register as a new user, I receive the email(as the webmaster) telling that a new user was registered, but the activation mail never comes.

I turned on the debug and that is what I get after the register process:
=======================================================
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 20 of 37 bytes in /home/restricted/home/letrasjuridicas/public_html/kernel/configitem.php on line 100

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/restricted/home/letrasjuridicas/public_html/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 363

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/restricted/home/letrasjuridicas/public_html/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 363

=================================================
And i receive the message "Now you?re registered....wait for an email with the activation key....etc.

Just in case: I?m using the wf-chanel module and the refer to a friend is working ok.

So guys I?m pretty lost.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Herko
Re: Sending mail problem
  • 2004/6/9 7:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Are there any special characters i the e-mail that needs to be sent? Is the character encoding the right one? That might be causing this. Also, a lot of bugs have been fixed in 2.0.6, you might want to try with that.

Herko

wcrwcr
  • 2004/6/9 8:05

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

thanks herko
nice to "see" you again.

Believe it if u want but seems to be a huge lane on the server.
I?m receiving the activation only now, about 3 hours and a half later.

Yes you??re right, I must try the 206.

thanks again

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/9 12:22

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I've also had problems with activating accounts. Some people get the activiation mail, some wait a day and some just don't get the mail.

I just enable Automatic Activiation, certainly not desirable but I'm left with little other choice. Everything else works fine as far as sending mail. Is something broken in the activation code? I havn't been able to spot anything mentioned in the tracker.

*edit* Oh, and I am running 2.0.6

Herko
  • 2004/6/9 13:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

With e-mail, its always difficult to spot the issue. Since some people do get the e-mail, it's safe to assume the system works and that the mail scripts are configured properly. Then it's up to the mail system queue handling, spam assasins, virus controls and all that filtering that will stop a few mails here and there. But there's not much we can do about that, I'm afraid.

Herko

bennie
Re:Sending mail problem
  • 2004/10/25 9:55

• bennie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/3 1

Hey there,

i have a problem when people try to use lost password, no mail is sent, don't see it in the mail queue. the other mail functions work very well, any sugestions?
when i turn on debug, i don't get any errors.

thanks Ben

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits