rafa_mach
How to reorder the main menu
  • 2004/10/16 4:03

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

I noticed that everytime I activate a module, it appears in the same order on the main menu. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to reorder the menu entries.

*** NOTE ***
I DO NOT mean I'm trying to order the module content on the top page; my question is restricted to the MAIN MENU area...

sgshell
Re: How to reorder the main menu
  • 2004/10/16 4:09

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

goto admin => module => you could see the Modules is weight "1" <===change this to the order you like "1,2,3,4,5...."

Note if you do not want to show it in main menu change it to "0"

rafa_mach
  • 2004/10/16 18:36

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

Dear sgshell:

I DO NOT want to change the order of the modules on the top page... I have already worked with their weights and positioned the block modules exactly as I wished. The layout of the top page is fine for me. THIS IS NOT THE QUESTION I HAVE ORIGINALLY POSTED HERE.

NOW, ABOUT MY QUEST:
I want to organize the NAME OF THE MODULES on the MAIN MENU area. My main menu is on the top left of my website and its position is perfect where it is. I DO NOT wish to change its position on the site. I wish to organize the NAME OF THE MODULES it displays.

In other words, this is the order of the options the main menu displays right now:

Home
Artists
Polls
Headlines
Donations
Frozen Bubble
Forum
Contact Us
Links
News
Lyrics
Albums
Image Gallery
Downloads

I would like to have it this way:

Home
Lyrics
Artists
Albums
Image Gallery
Polls
Forum
News
Headlines
Links
Downloads
Donations
Frozen Bubble
Contact Us

What should I do to change the order of these option on the main menu??? This is the third time I ask this question and everybody has responded to me the same way, that is, talking about the weight of the modules, which is something completely different from what I'm talking about... Let's concentrate on the MAIN MENU options...

= = = = = = = = = =

Original post:
I noticed that everytime I activate a module, it appears in the same order on the main menu. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to reorder the menu entries.

*** NOTE ***
I DO NOT mean I'm trying to order the module content on the top page; my question is restricted to the MAIN MENU area...

= = = = = = = = = =

sgshell answer:
goto admin => module => you could see the Modules is weight "1" <===change this to the order you like "1,2,3,4,5...."

wizanda
  • 2004/10/16 19:25

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Quote:

sgshell wrote:

This is how you re-order the main menu!!!

ackbarr

the reason they all give you the same answer is because that is the correct one. If you go to System -> Modules and adjust the weight of the modules (higher number is lower in list) the main menu will adjust itself.

This is a different action than adjusting the positioning of blocks in your page.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits