thelittleguy
Registration

When some users try to register on my web site, they are able to input all of their information but when they click "finish" the site tells them that it is unable to register them at this time. I have been getting some e-mail notifications that someone registered, but when I look at the members list no one has been added. A few people have been able to register, but it seems that more users are having problems than are able to register. How can I get this fixed?

If it helps to visit the site, it's at http://www.4thelittleguy.com

Mithrandir
Re: Registration

Xoops needs access to the HTTP_REFERER, which is often blocked by a software firewall. Individual sites can be configured in the firewall to be allowed access to this HTTP_REFERER (or "information about visited sites" as it is called in at least Norton Internet Security)

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/15 9:27

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Just an idea...

register.php::place statement below Disclaimer
Quote:

NOTE: XOOPS needs access to the HTTP_REFERER, which is often blocked by a software firewalls. Though individual sites can be configured in the firewall to be allowed access to this HTTP_REFERER. If you have problems signing up, this will most likely be the cause. Please refer to your Firewall Manual for more details.

OR::Place a link [If you have problems signing up, read this] to an official XOOPS Doc Page explaining the problem, and how to resolve it.

It does seem to be a typical and reoccuring issue, and this might help to avoid XOOPS/Web Site leaving a bad impression...

hawkeyegop
  • 2004/10/15 12:19

• hawkeyegop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/18

Can anyone post a link to the document that explains this? I can't find it.

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/16 3:22

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Sorry for creating a FALSE IMPRESSION!

There is no such document yet!

I tried to create it on the waka-wiki, right after my post, but couldn't edit any pages. (ERROR::'Unknown method "page/edit.php"')

My appologies for creating any confusion!!!

Anni5166
  • 2004/10/16 3:31

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/30

If you go to my website and look at the faqs, I have a link to an excellent instruction page from a XOOPS buddy with regards to Norton firewalls.

Login

Who's Online

545 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 545

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits