jmikow
Transfer Existing Xoops site from WIMP to LAMP
  • 2004/10/10 20:03

• jmikow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

I am trying to transfer an existing site based on XOOPS 2.0.7.3 from a Windows/IIS/Mysql/PHP to a Linux/Apache 1.3.31/Mysql 4/PHP server.

When I try to access the site it comes up as a blank page. Any ideas for what to check to get the site up and running? I changed the paths in the mainfile.php to the correct locations where I copied the site's files.

I think I have read that this might be an issue with the template/theme, but I'm not sure where to start.

Any ideas would be helpful to get this site transferred.

Thanks!

Josh

upsadaz
Re: Transfer Existing Xoops site from WIMP to LAMP
  • 2004/10/12 2:31

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

What have you done about DNS? How are you trying to access the website? Domain name or IP #?
I'm not sure how to help you here. When I transfer a site from one server to another I usually have to modify the DNS records and it takes 24 to 48 hours to resolve the site.

Good luck.

jmikow
Re: Transfer Existing Xoops site from WIMP to LAMP
  • 2004/10/12 2:48

• jmikow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

I am actually only transferring it from one server within my apartment to another. I am just trying to get it working on LAMP, but it always returns a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Currently I'm only using the server name to access the sites. I changed the URLs in the mainfile.php, but no difference.

Login

Who's Online

389 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 389

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits