Ronaldus
Opening page
  • 2004/10/9 15:46

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Hai there,

playing around with XOOPS, I can't figure a few things out:

1) I want to have a nice opening page, without all the standard items (like Rate This, Latest News, Recent topics, etc). I guess I should choose NONE in Module for startup in the main settings menu. But how do I fill the page with the content I want?

2) When I open the WF section in the main menu, a submenu appears with Submit Article, Popular, Rated, Archive.
How can I let this submenu disappear? (Besides opening another page, so the menu closes again.... )

3) How can I edit the text above the category listings in the WF section opening page?

Thnx for the replies that will hopefully arrive soon.

Greetings,

Ronaldus

ackbarr
Re:Opening page

Ronaldus -

1.could you describe how you want the completed home page to look? That will help determine the best way to get your information on the home page. For xoops.org the home page is handled by several blocks that are set to one of the center positions. These blocks are also set to only display on the "Top Page" so they don't appear on other pages in the site.

2. You'll have to modify the xoops_version.php file for the module - find every line that starts like this:
$modversion['sub']

and place '//' in front of those lines

3. Not sure - I know it will suprise some, but I haven't had much chance to mess with wf-sections recently.

Ronaldus
  • 2004/10/9 17:21

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Hello Ackbarr, thanks for your reply.

1) Yes Ackbarr, I can: I would like a homepage with an introduction story about the goal of the website and the foundation I'm making it for.
Perhaps 1 or 2 images and of course a few links in the text. Basically that's all.
After a while, when my forum and articles section are filled a bit, I would like to add a few blocks underneath, just like in the XOOPS homepage.

2) Thank you. That's something I must be capable to do.....

3) You can't know everything. WF sections is a complicated module, documentation is poor.
Anyone else??

Greetings and thnx,

Ronaldus

ackbarr

ok - based on your description - I think the simplest way to accomplish your look is to create a custom block in System -> Blocks. This block needs to be Center Aligned and set to display on the Top Page only. To adjust its vertical position in the Center section supply a weight. The larger the number, the lower on the page it will be displayed.

I would start with an autoformat block (which lets you style your block using BBCode. But if you are looking for more control over the resulting display of the block, you may have to switch to an HTML block, but you'd have to supply the HTML to achieve the look you want.

Ronaldus
  • 2004/10/9 17:40

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Ackbarr,

I will try this and let you know.

Greetings,

Ronaldus

PS
You guys are so quick with your answers, an extra reason for choosing XOOPS !!

Login

Who's Online

454 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 454

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits