sdmacint
Restored from Backup - Modules no longer visible
  • 2004/10/5 16:14

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Gang,

Last week I had to restore my entire site from backup. Everything worked perfectly. Since the site was down, I also decided to take that opportunity to upgrade to newbb2. It also went well.

However, I do have one problem with some modules. They are not displaying properly. The problem modules are: Freecontent (which I call "Guild Documents", Polls and News (which I call "Important Information".

Each of the above noted modules is configured to diplay in the centre section of the main page. The titles of the sections are being displayed but there is no content. See picture:
Resized ImageResized Image

I have attempted to unload those modules and I have reloaded them and they're still not displaying anything. If I actually enter the Polls module, it does display the 3 polls I have running.

When I turn on PHP debug mode, I get the following information. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to interpret it...

Quote:
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:news_block_top.html" in file E:\inetpub\web\gale\pub\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1042
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: options in file E:\inetpub\web\gale\pub\modules\xoopspoll\blocks\xoopspoll.php line 49
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:xoopspoll_block_poll.html" in file E:\inetpub\web\gale\pub\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1042

In additions, when I try to create a poll in newbb2, all that appears in the forum is the "Vote" button but no options upon which to vote...

Any suggestions?

Sean

m0nty
Re: Restored from Backup - Modules no longer visible
  • 2004/10/5 16:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check the folder permissions are set right

templates_c & cache folders all need to be chmod 777

also it maybe a good idea to clear thew contents of the cache & templates_c folders too..

sdmacint
Re: Restored from Backup - Modules no longer visible
  • 2004/10/7 1:21

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

The problem was caused by the templates. I generated new html files for them and it worked. thanks for the suggestions.

Sean

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits