tvepsorg
We need more themes!!!
  • 2004/9/30 2:25

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I know beggers can't be choosers, but I know that I have been very impressed by the new modules that have come out for xoops. These new module are very functional and add a great deal to the site. The modules wow the visitors, but the themes still seem to be lacking. I for one would be very greatful if someone could take on the duty of getting some really good themes for XOOPS or if you could point me in the right direction. I have been to montisarts.com who does a really good job as well as a few of the others. I would like to see some more modern themes with some very detailed graphics. Any help would be very much appreciated.

lavaburst
Re: We need more themes!!!
  • 2004/9/30 2:41

• lavaburst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

I would love to create some more themes. Its really hard to create a generic theme that someone might call good, when it isnt for anything in particular.

Gimme a list of some things you are looking for in a good theme, and I will see what i can do.

Cheers,

LavaBurst

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/30 2:45

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Yes, if I have time to make them and plan them.

I will develop lot more themes in the future. I will try my best.

Bassman
  • 2004/9/30 2:48

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

If you could be a bit more specific about what you want, it might help. We can usually design whatever you want, but we do need guidelines.

domineaux
  • 2004/9/30 2:52

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

What I like to see is a library of themes that were color variations of this XOOPS default theme. I've modified the CSS on several sites, and I love it. Why, because it loads fast on dialups. It uses color and not gifs, jpgs, and png files, which can really slow things down.

I build practically every site by spinning off this default site, and color is my weapon of choice.

Many of us are building sites that have international audiences, and there are huge numbers of people on dialup.

The reason I say this default theme is because it always helps to start with something as a standard point of reference. As far as I can tell this theme is also trouble free...

Hope this fires some creative juices in some theme builders.

Bassman
  • 2004/9/30 3:00

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Each to their own.... some people want full-on graphic sites with no thought to load times, others want fast load times with little or no graphics.

I'm happy to do whatever someone asks for ;)

script_fu

Hi, I think there are alot of themes availble. Its just a matter of fixing them up they way you like them.

My sites are automotive in nature. trying to adapt some themes for an automotive feel has been a real challenge.

If one was to make some themes I think the best time could be spent in different markets.

Ie Automotive, Business, Construction, Computers, Games, Hobbies, Nature, Space ect. ect. The ideas for the themes seem endless.

Just remember XOOPS will be in .png format in the months to follow.

Anyone wanna try there hand on some automotive themes?

Regards
Billy

Bassman
  • 2004/9/30 4:38

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Once again, some guidance would help - if you have some images you wanted to use, it would sure help.

Quote:
Just remember XOOPS will be in .png format in the months to follow.

Says who? Especially since IE6 doesn't render them properly?

script_fu

Oh you want ideas and grafics. I can do that just not tonight. I will post some in the days to follow.

I read somewhere on this site about the new XOOPS being in .png format. I know for a fact that the newbb2 is in .png format and it works fine so far with my Ie6.

script_fu

Just looked thru the newbb grafics and .gif is still there for the grafics as well as .png Looks like I might have spoken to soon...

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits