YourHelp
Re: Newbb Hack - updating for 2.0.7?
  • 2004/9/14 9:45

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Interesting.... and you checked the blocks?

file2mail
  • 2004/9/15 8:42

• file2mail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/23

the blocks i am not really concerned about...
althogh all of the caching for the forum blocks are off

DonXoop

Have you reapplied the private forum hack completly? It sounds like you don't have the hack installed. I've been using it for months without a problem.

file2mail
  • 2004/9/16 20:10

• file2mail

• Just popping in

Yes i have ...
ive even redownloaded the .zip from regenr8's site and reinstalled it again ...

EDIT:
Also, just wondering... is the viewforum.php file modified at all? because in my package there was no updated viewforum.php file ... is this the way its supposed to be?

And i turned on php debug, and i get this error as a member of the permissions group after i click on the private forum:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _XT_TE_BLOCO - assumed '_XT_TE_BLOCO' in file modules/xt_temas/blocks/xt_temas.php line 6
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: in_clause in file modules/newbb/functions.php line 394

file2mail
  • 2004/9/25 12:07

• file2mail

• Just popping in

update:
Alright so heres the thing... i just created a new group to test with ... added one test user... and that user was able to access the private forum properly...
BUT using the default 'Registered Users' Group ... the default group of which all registered members are put in ... wont work with the hack...

I would like it so that all registered users and all new users will be able to access this forum without me having to add each user by hand to a new group.

Is this the way its supposed to work? can it work the way that i've described, with the 'Registered Users' group?
Thanks for the help.

jegelstaff

Quote:

file2mail wrote:

i just created a new group to test with ... added one test user... and that user was able to access the private forum properly...
BUT using the default 'Registered Users' Group ... the default group of which all registered members are put in ... wont work with the hack...

This is probably too obvious, but, assuming you're using group-based permissions, you have made sure that the Registered Users group is able to view the private forum, right?

You have to treat the Registered Users group just like any other, it needs permission to whatever private forums you want it to have permission to.

I can't help with User based permissions, since we've never managed things that way.

To make it easier to deal with giving posting permission to multiple groups for you private forum, you may want to do an extra hack on the one admin file that is in the private forum hack, so that groups can post by default, and so that the group list is not so narrow. You can do that by changing a zero to a one in the right place (to turn on posting permission by default) and by commenting the width specification for the group box. If you know anything about PHP it should be easy to find the right places. If you have trouble, PM me and I can e-mail you our modified file.

--Julian

sdmacint
  • 2004/9/28 15:27

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Quote:

ErrorNotice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _XT_TE_BLOCO - assumed '_XT_TE_BLOCO' in file E:\inetpub\web\gale\pub\modules\xt_temas\blocks\xt_temas.php line 6

I just started getting this error today. It happens when any user clicks on the Discussion Forum (newbb) link. We see no forums just a white page with that error.

I disabled the XT-Themas module (which is referenced in the error) and now I just get the word "Error" on a white screen when I try to enter the forums. I have tried with all debug types on and still only get "Error"

Please, can someone help? I have made no changes to the site in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure why this would just start happening!

No Forums = VERY unhappy users

Suggestions welcome!

-Sean

regen_r8
  • 2004/9/29 4:12

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

It appears that you have a block from the XT-Themas module that is visible on the forum pages. Try either uninstalling the XT-Themas module completely, or making that block invisible. You may need to reactivate that mod, turn off the block, then disable the mod again.

Good Luck.

Regen_r8

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/29 4:54

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi sdmacint

In my humble opinion I don?t think that this "error" has anything to do with your problem.

Those noticed msn?s are not considered as a fatal error or something like that.

According to Fernando Santos aka topet05 (the module?s developer) this message is probally due a problem in your language folder.

Hope this helps.
Wilson

asche
Re: Newbb Hack - how much of it is realized in XOOPS 2.0.9.2?
  • 2005/4/21 11:33

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

I am very happy with newbb hack (www.funkpause.org), because it allows to create groups of forums with different "stages of visibility" (do I remember right?).

Great advantage for "NGOs" (example):
If a questions is posted in a public forum, I could post in private forum: "Somebody has posted this question, can it be answered by one of the moderators please, because I would like to fly to the Seychelles tonight -> thats just what I am dreaming of ))"?

myQuestion:
For future installations of XOOPS I would like to know, how much of the hack-functionalities is incorporated in XOOPS 9.0.9.2 and following (then I might not have to install the hack), or which additional functionality I will still have with newbb (than it is worth installing newbb again).

to be a "just a bit more" specific:
Is it possible to add a user to a number of forum in one go (like taking user and adding the forums in one go -> right now I have to call up each forum and add the user again and again).

Anybody can give a quick view of "how newbb hack will develop compared to XOOPS core functionality?

Login

Who's Online

85 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 85

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits