• Since: 2004/9/14

Which one is better

kaotik
Re: xoops vs mambo
  • 2004/9/24 13:28

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

You should try searching the forums. This has been discussed in great lengths in previous posts.

Herko
  • 2004/9/24 13:29

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

and it's like asking Bill Gates if he likes windows or linux best...

Of course XOOPS is better!

Herko

MadFish
  • 2004/9/24 16:08

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

MAMBO IS HEAPS BETTER !

Sorry I'm a XOOPS guys I was just teasing :) There are lots of CMS out there and they have different strengths and weaknesses and so you really need to take into account what you personally want to achieve. Mambo does some things very nicely like workflow. Mithrandir posted an analysis (PDF file) of several different CMS somewhere, which is worth a read, if you can find the link.

If you build lots of sites it may be worth having knowledge of several CMS in your arsenal to deal with different kinds of projects. Horses for courses.

I LIKE BILL GATES !

JMorris
  • 2004/9/24 20:00

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Here's a very interesting article about Mambo.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1648798,00.asp

Hmmmm....

Myself, I've used a ton of different CMSs and BBs. I like XOOPS the best. Like all, it has its strengths and weaknesses, BUT the support and the focus on security and stability CANNOT be matched by any other offering I personally have seen.

If you want to give yourself a royal headache with trying to work with several CMSs, be my guest. You would certainly have to have a lot more time on your hands than I do. But for me, I choose to stick with one platform and develop my skills so that I can help address the weaknesses that may be present.

XOOPS is an exceptional CMS framework. Everyone is free to contribute what they can; there is 0 obligation and cost; AND, nobody can say that the code is stolen.

What more could you ask for??? What? More modules you say?????

Well, I have collected over 200 module from this site, Sourceforge, and member sites. I have found very little that I could ask for that has not already been coded. Plus, new modules are being introduced every week.

There may be a better CMS out there, but I highly doubt you'll ever find a FREE, open source CMS that offers what XOOPS offers.

Gee, not hard to tell where my loyalties are, huh?

Just my 2c

Mithrandir

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Mithrandir posted an analysis (PDF file) of several different CMS somewhere, which is worth a read, if you can find the link.

Here it is
First half is the comparison, the second half is my initial thoughts on a Hook/Plugin system for XOOPS.

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/25 0:07

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Xoops is better

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits