scwebservice
404 error when calling Groups from System module

I'm building a XOOPS site for a local newspaper and everything was going well until today. I had all my groups set up and operating to my client's specs. However, today when I tried to make some changes in the groups, I get an error 404 message when I call the Groups routine from the System module. I haven't made any changes since my last logon and all the files appear to be there. All other calls to submodules in the Systems module work fine. I'm at a complete loss as to what might be the problem. The web sites error log aren't much help - they just tell me the file wasn't found, but don't say WHICH file. Can anyone offer an explanation? I'd hate to have to start all over again...

rcjohnson
Re: 404 error when calling Groups from System module
  • 2004/8/24 15:28

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

have you checked your permissions on the

System | Module | Groups folder?
it shoudl be set to 755.

I think you can also just drop in a new group module from your orginal installation, overwriting what is currently there. Perhaps one or more files have become corrupt.
(be sure to backup the current stuff first though)

Just a guess, I probably know as much as you, if not less....

scwebservice

Thanks for the reply...

Yes, all the permissions are set correctly and all of the files that are supposed to be there are. I installed XOOPS on a test site I have and copied all the files in the group subdirectory over, but it still doesn't work so the files are in good shape. What's weird is that it worked just fine three days ago and I haven't done anything to it since then. As Snoopy says: "Arrrrrrgh!"

rcjohnson
  • 2004/8/24 16:23

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

I installed XOOPS on a test site I have and copied all the files in the group subdirectory over, but it still doesn't work so the files are in good shape.

you copied the files that were "not" working to a test site, and they still didn't work?

scwebservice

No, I copied the files from my test site (that worked) to the files on the site that didn't work. Sorry for the incomplete info...

rcjohnson
  • 2004/8/25 4:16

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

Man...I have no idea.....just giving you a bump. Its gonna turn out to be something stupid though, that's how it always is....

oh, what version are you running?

meme
  • 2004/9/21 4:45

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

a lot of my users told me this problem ( 404 error when calling Groups from System module )

is there any fix for that ?
is there any setting wanted in php.ini ?

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits