bbgds
New User Registration Error - Help!
  • 2004/9/19 22:55

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hello...

When new users register at my site, they are able to register, but never seem to receive the notification email. They get the following error message:

"You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation."

Has anybody seen this before? Is this a XOOPS error, or is it something in my email configs?

Please Advise
bbgds

wcrwcr
Re: New User Registration Error - Help!
  • 2004/9/20 1:29

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi bbgds

This kind of error is almost always due to a misconfiguration on the server side or a conflict between the option that you have choosed with what your hosting company offers to you

Take a look in your admin what is the config you?ve choosed to be the default for your site. A think the default one is PHP mail, but you have as options sendmail, smtp and autho smtp.

After your check if You don?t mind put a link to your site for us to try, ok?

Regards

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/20 1:41

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Agreed, let us know what email option you have chosen and what results you get. Create test accounts (test1, test2 test3 etc) to see what results you get for each option. php() mail should work in most cases, but if that fails try sendmail. Check with your host for the sendmail path, but the default should be enough for your needs.

If it's imperitive that your users get registered right away, I suggest allowing automated authentications until you get this resolved, then moving over to the verification method. Once you are sure email verifications are working, you change back.

bbgds
  • 2004/9/21 5:41

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Yep, that was the problem. Somehow, it got set to SMTP Mail, instead of PHP Mail(). Once I set it back, it worked just like it was supposed to.

My site is athttp://christmania.com if you'd like to have a look. I'm still pre-launch, so there are some things that I deliberatly have the permissions turned off for, but if you'd like to have a look around, feel free to have run of the site.

Thanks so much, guys!
bbgds

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits