rafa_mach
Alphabetical order
  • 2004/9/19 18:20

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

I was wondering if there's any module that would help me organize the content of my website for the users to find the topics alphabetically arranged. My website URL ishttp://translatedlyrics.com and it's about (duh!) translated lyrics of songs.

Right now, I'm using WF-Sections to post "Songs of the Day" in English, Portuguese, and Spanish. I'm also using module CDBase for "Album of the Month", which allows me to post information about an artist and his/her CD with the lyrics of all the tracks. (The translation of each track is to be posted through WF-Sections...)

What I would like to have is a module that would combine the songs that I have been adding through WF-Sections and with the CDBase module in order to create an alphabetical list of all the lyrics posted on the website and, if possible, of all the artists such lyrics correspond to. This way, I could add to my menu an option "Browse" and the users could choose from A to Z and see all the song titles and the artists that were already added to my database.

If anyone knows about such a module that would integrate the other two I'm using or a whole new module that I would have to install and post the "Songs of the Day" and the "Artists of the Month", I would really appreciate any information about it.

Thanks!

JackJ
Re: Alphabetical order
  • 2004/9/19 18:39

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I don't know of any module that you could use to combine the two. But if it was me, I would use the new downloads module, it is very sophisticated and has blocks that can be used for the purposes you mention. you could say it is a content manager in itself, with many features, including alphabetical search

http://www.wf-projects.com/modules/wfdownloads/

rafa_mach
  • 2004/9/19 18:48

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

Hey, JackJ!

I have to admit that I did not install the Downloads module, so I have no idea about what's able to do. I didn't even bother to look it up, since I'm not gonna have any files available for download on my site (it's about music and I won't offer MP3s so that the FBI can come and arrest my ass!!! ahahahahaah).

But let me see if I get this straight: the Downloads module does organize everything alphabetically, but where does the source of its categories come from? Should I keep on using the WF-Sections and CDBase to post my lyrics and then link them into Downloads to have all the material displayed properly?

Well, let me know how you've been using this module and if it's gonna attend my purposes.

Thanks for the suggestion!

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/19 18:49

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Rafa

Why don?t u give a try to any glossary kind modules?
I gues they would match what u need.

Glossary
Jargon
Wordbook

Regards

rafa_mach
  • 2004/9/19 18:56

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

Hey, Wilson!

Thanks for your fast answer (in both XOOPS forums...) I'll have to look for these three modules you have mentioned, since I had never heard about them before and I don't even know where to start with them...

But, let's see if I got this clearly. Any of these modules would be able to organize a list for the lyrics and artists according to the material I have been adding to my website through WF-Sections and CDBase? I could keep on publishing the material the way I'm used to by now and then would establish the link between these texts and one of the modules that create alphabetical lists?

Well, try to explain it all to the newbie here, okay?

Thanks a lot and I hope you have already received that file by e-mail!

See you!

Catzwolf
  • 2004/9/28 20:19

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

rafa_mach wrote:
Hey, Wilson!

Thanks for your fast answer (in both XOOPS forums...) I'll have to look for these three modules you have mentioned, since I had never heard about them before and I don't even know where to start with them...

But, let's see if I got this clearly. Any of these modules would be able to organize a list for the lyrics and artists according to the material I have been adding to my website through WF-Sections and CDBase? I could keep on publishing the material the way I'm used to by now and then would establish the link between these texts and one of the modules that create alphabetical lists?

Well, try to explain it all to the newbie here, okay?

Thanks a lot and I hope you have already received that file by e-mail!

See you!

why not change the default ordering in WF-Sections to display each by title?

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits