kiwiguy
How to change??
  • 2004/9/17 13:18

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I was wondering about changing the comments that XOOPS gives you when logging in, When you log in it says "thank you for logging in username" or when you log out it says" you have logged out" I want to change all those comments..

I have found where those templates are and have changed them no problem but when I change them I get a blank page when i log out or log back in and what not.

What am I doing wrong???

Bleekk
Re: How to change??
  • 2004/9/17 13:54

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

I had the same problem, as I remember I have cloned theme and then make changes then I updated the system in the adminpanel

kiwiguy
  • 2004/9/17 13:59

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Bleek I still dun understand man I am a php dummy here going on trial an error. If you did manage to do it how did you do it to work properly????

hope you can help or anybody..

Thanks in advance
kiwiguy

Bleekk
  • 2004/9/17 14:42

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

hmm I don't now understand your question
as you can see at my homepage if you click on "IGRICE" at the top I only changed the look of the redirect, colors size etc.
then in the admin->modules I updated the system.

www.studenti.at

if you only want to change the text I think it's in the language files, but I'm not sure

kiwiguy
  • 2004/9/18 11:00

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I only want to change the text which i know is in the language folder but when I do change what the text says i cannot log off or ppl cannot log in all they get is a blank page...

Why does this do it I am not touching the php coding I am just changing the templates of what the text says when you log in or log out or submit a article and what not...

Does anybody have any ideas on why this would happen

Kiwiguy

Dave_L
  • 2004/9/18 13:42

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You need to show exactly what you're changing. You're probably making a mistake.

kiwiguy
  • 2004/9/18 14:00

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Changing User.php in the language files

Quote:
<?php
// $Id: user.php,v 1.10 2004/02/06 19:27:06 Onokazu Exp $
//%%%%%% File Name user.php %%%%%
define('_US_NOTREGISTERED','Not registered? Click <a href=register.php>here</a>.');
define('_US_LOSTPASSWORD','Lost your Password?');
define('_US_NOPROBLEM','No problem. Simply enter the e-mail address we have on file for your account.');
define('_US_YOUREMAIL','Your Email: ');
define('_US_SENDPASSWORD','Send Password');
define('_US_LOGGEDOUT','You are now logged the fuck out');
define('_US_THANKYOUFORVISIT','Thank you for your visit to our site come again or Kiwi will fucking stalk you!');
define('_US_INCORRECTLOGIN','Fucken Incorrect Login Dopey Give It Another Bash!');
define('_US_LOGGINGU','Oh its you again %s. have a fucking great time in here');

// 2001-11-17 ADD
define('_US_NOACTTPADM','The selected user has been deactivated or has not been activated yet.<br />Please contact Kinky_Kiwi for details.');
define('_US_ACTKEYNOT','Activation key not correct!');
define('_US_ACONTACT','Selected account is already activated!');
define('_US_ACTLOGIN','Your account has been activated. Please login with the registered password.');
define('_US_NOPERMISS','Sorry, you dont have fucking permission to perform this action so don't try it again!');
define('_US_SURETODEL','Are you fucking mad? You want to delete your account?');
define('_US_REMOVEINFO','This will remove all your info from our database.');
define('_US_BEENDELED','Your account has been deleted.');
//

//%%%%%% File Name register.php %%%%%
define('_US_USERREG','User Registration');
define('_US_NICKNAME','Username');
define('_US_EMAIL','Email');
define('_US_ALLOWVIEWEMAIL','Allow other users to view my email address');
define('_US_WEBSITE','Website');
define('_US_TIMEZONE','Time Zone');
define('_US_AVATAR','Avatar');
define('_US_VERIFYPASS','Verify Password');
define('_US_SUBMIT','Submit');
define('_US_USERNAME','Username');
define('_US_FINISH','Finish');
define('_US_REGISTERNG','Could not register new user.');
define('_US_MAILOK','Receive occasional email notices <br />from Kiwisworld Site Owner Kinky_Kiwi?');
define('_US_DISCLAIMER','Disclaimer');
define('_US_IAGREE','I agree to the above');
define('_US_UNEEDAGREE', 'Sorry, you have to agree to our disclaimer to get registered Don't agree then fuck OFF.');
define('_US_NOREGISTER','Sorry, we are currently closed for new user registrations');

// %s is username. This is a subject for email
define('_US_USERKEYFOR','User activation key for %s');

define('_US_YOURREGISTERED','You are now registered. An email containing an user activation key has been sent to the email account you provided. Please follow the instructions in the mail to activate your account. ');
define('_US_YOURREGMAILNG','You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send Kinky_Kiwi an email notifying him of the situation.');
define('_US_YOURREGISTERED2','You are now registered. Please wait for your account to be activated by Kinky_Kiwi or dirtylilcksucker. You will receive an email once you are activated. This could take a while so please be patient.');

Thats what I am trying to change

Dave_L
  • 2004/9/18 14:39

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Hmmmm ... ok

I assume you didn't show the rest of the file here only because you didn't change that part.

I found mistakes in the following lines. If you use a ' within a single quoted string, it has to be escaped as \'.

So these two lines:

define('_US_NOPERMISS','Sorry, you dont have f-----g permission to perform this action so [color=ff0000]don't[/color] try it again!');

define('_US_UNEEDAGREE''Sorry, you have to agree to our disclaimer to get registered [color=ff0000]Don't[/coloragree then f--k OFF.');

should be:

define('_US_NOPERMISS','Sorry, you dont have f-----g permission to perform this action so [color=ff0000]don't[/color] try it again!');

define('_US_UNEEDAGREE''Sorry, you have to agree to our disclaimer to get registered [color=ff0000]Don't[/coloragree then f--k OFF.');

upsadaz
  • 2004/11/4 19:10

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

Brilliant Dave_L!
These are the kind of quirky little things that drive me crazy. Thanks for your help in keeping me sane.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits