Skythe
Help my idunnowhat is broken
  • 2004/9/16 15:24

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I've changed my host today and everythings pretty *ed up now. :CCCC I edited the mainfile.php and I *think* I got everything right there. I aint getting no error messages on /modules/news/ anymore, but a blank white screen...

1. But why is that? Why doesnt the index.php display anything? Database? Mainfile? Here.

2. Static pages work, just not the header/footer includes: here for example.
Does that mean I got the "XOOPS Physical Path" in mainfile.php right?

Btw I've imported a backup of my old database of course. Is there a way to see if something's wrong with it? Doesnt the database like need to be updated with the new user name, physical path etcetera as well??? Like the mainfile.php?

Stewdio
Re: Help my idunnowhat is broken
  • 2004/9/16 15:42

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

IT is entirely possible that your domain has not completed it's propagation via DNS lookup, and as such, you may be seeing remnants of the old site.

More time may be beeded before the errors dissapear and all appears to be functioning again as normal.

If this is not the case, could you please turn on php dubug and post the info here.

Skythe
  • 2004/9/16 15:49

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
IT is entirely possible that your domain has not completed it's propagation via DNS lookup, and as such, you may be seeing remnants of the old site.

More time may be beeded before the errors dissapear and all appears to be functioning again as normal.

Well the html error page I just wrote is displayed correctly. The admin.php works too.. cause its got no includes i would guess

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
If this is not the case, could you please turn on php dubug and post the info here.

In phpMyAdmin? Where do i turn that on?

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/16 16:05

• Stewdio

Firstly, lets make sure that your mainfile.php is correct.

Quote:

// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/path/to/your/public/root');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.yourdomain.net');

// Database
// Choose the database to be used
define('XOOPS_DB_TYPE', 'mysql');

// Table Prefix
// This prefix will be added to all new tables created to avoid name conflict in the database. If you are unsure, just use the default 'xoops'.
define('XOOPS_DB_PREFIX', 'xoops');

// Database Hostname
// Hostname of the database server. If you are unsure, 'localhost' works in most cases.
define('XOOPS_DB_HOST', 'localhost');

// Database Username
// Your database user account on the host
define('XOOPS_DB_USER', 'your_DB_User_Name');

// Database Password
// Password for your database user account
define('XOOPS_DB_PASS', 'YourPassword');

// Database Name
// The name of database on the host. The installer will attempt to create the database if not exist
define('XOOPS_DB_NAME', 'Your_DB_Name');

Assuming all is correct (double check for backslashes), the next thing we need to be sure of is that all folders have been set to the proper permissions.

Check and be sure that theses following folders are CHMOD 777:
/cache
/templates_c
/uploads
Mainfile .php should be set to 444 once you are sure your setting are correct.

Next, you should also clear out your /templates_c folder via FTP and clear your cache folder as well.

Try these while I look into getting the information you need to turn debugging on via phpMyAdmin

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/16 16:11

• Stewdio

The table we need to find is called "xoops_config". Select this table and then click on "browse". In this table there is a field named conf_name and one of the rows is called "debug_mode". Change the number of the "conf_value" to"1". (for phpdebug)

Debug choices available:
0= Off?
1= PHP Debug (normally this one for functional faults and blank pages)
2= MySQL/Blocks Debug
3= Smarty Templates Debug

One you have the error reported come back to the XOOPS website and copy and paste the error stating the problem and your XOOPS version etc.

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/16 16:15

• Stewdio

I should also note that a proper error page within XOOPS should look something like this. However, if you did code your error page to include xoops, you would still be getting a blank page.

Either your domain has not propagated completely (as previously mentioned) or more likely I am suspecting that old files are still (template_c and cache) looking for calls on the old domain.

Skythe
  • 2004/9/16 16:18

• Skythe

• Just popping in

I forgot to CHMOD :-X That was all (hurray?)

Some uploads, posts and setting are gone i'll have to do that now. Thanks a lot Stew!!

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/16 16:23

• Stewdio

I'm assuming that your smilie links are all custom coded php pages with XOOPS includes.

Quote:

Warning: main(mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 2

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 2

Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 3
Error 404 - Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you requested could not be located.

ยป main page :.: broken link?

Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/footer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 22

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/usr10174/planetsmilies.com/htdocs/static/error.php on line 22

I am assuming this is your old path and this will need to be changed. For now you cold just disable that custom block untill you have all your changes made.

Good luck and congrats on the move

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/16 16:35

• Stewdio

Looks like you got everything up and running in no time at all.

Happy XOOPSing!

Skythe
  • 2004/9/16 16:59

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Yeah it takes some time to upload 13,000 smilies and avatars but i'm almost done

Login

Who's Online

429 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 429

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits