tedsmith
Calling All Dog Lovers and Dog Owners
  • 2004/9/14 17:53

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Ok, this may get me a load of abuse, but being an XOOPS member, I thought why not use my XOOPS community to get some user confidence driven to my site? I launched it a couple of weeks ago, and I submitted it to Google and other engines at the same time so it isn't listed yet I don't think, but I have it listed at a lot of other dog and animal related sites.

Anyway, I was hoping that any XOOPS users who happened to be keen dog lovers could pay a visit to my site, register, and place a forum entry or something. There are several reasons for my asking this :

a) If new users are listed other than my own user account that will instill more confidence to a new 'genuine' user than just seeing my own user avatar listed!

b) With no forum discussions to begin with, then nothing can be contributed to. If 5 or 6 people added a discussion then it is more likley that people will want to add to it.

c) With additional dog related words on my site, I am likley to get higher rankings on the search engines (I think?).

Any feedback would be welcomed while you're there.

Thanks guys - I'm relying on ya!!

tjnemez
Re: Calling All Dog Lovers and Dog Owners
  • 2004/9/14 18:04

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/14 18:13

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

ted, the basis for your site is great. i signed up but did not post to any forum as i was looking for a general discussion forum. your forums are all very specific.

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/14 18:21

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks for that tj. Like a fool I left out the actual website address in my first forum. Thanks for tj for adding that!

There is a general discussion forum but it was right at the bottom. In view fo your feedback, I have moved that up higher. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for - when an actual user uses a site instead of the creator so many faults are refined.

Perhaps some more dog loving Xoopers can go and place a posting now (and I need more registered users - thanks to you tj for registering)

Cheers.

phppp
  • 2004/9/14 18:29

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

For Canada, there is ahttp://pets.ca
there is a board for lost pets.

phppp
  • 2004/9/14 18:34

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

How do you set your newbb width?
seems not fit the screen width well.

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/14 18:42

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Not changed the width I don't think. I just installed it and used it. The central column of the theme is controled by the style.css file and the following section relates :

table#okvir
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
width: 1200px;
border: 0px solid #ffffff;
}

The original theme has width set to 765px or something wihich is really narrow. Ideally I'd like it to fit to 100% of whatever screen res the user has set, but apparently a lot of the Zaja themes are fixed widths.

When you say 'seems not fit the screen width well' what do you mean exactly? Too narrow, too wide?

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/16 14:42

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

If i loose my doggie ill know where to go

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits