hiteckart
I tried not to post but...
  • 2004/9/10 5:33

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/10

I need help, I had no problems installing, when I got to the end of the process, and saw the site I only had a homepage with the header and footer, no modules.

I installed the patch too, but I dont know if it worked. when I try to go to
http://www.mysite.org/admin.php
it tells me I cant access that page and kicks me out!

Is there another way in? Did I mess something up? I tried to read the wiki pages, but they do not load or are too slow and stop loading I even searched for related topics before posting, but no luck. Can anyone view the site at and help? Seems I can't do much more with out help. www.flame-inc.org

hsalazar
Re: I tried not to post but...
  • 2004/9/10 5:42

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

hiteckart:

Does it kick you out or does it redirect you to the login page? Seeing the source of your site there's nothing in the blocks. You have not accessed the site?

Or to start from the beginning: did you check directory and file permissions before the installation? It's there: you need to have the directories cache/, uploads/ and template_c/, as well as the file mainfile.php, writable before the installation.

Another suggestion. If you have access to the database, open table xoops_config, look for the register with conf_title equal to _MD_AM_DEBUGMODE and set the value of conf_value to 1. This will at least give you PHP errors when refreshing the page.

Cheers.

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 7:00

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

It redirects me...sorry, but all the permissions are set, but I will check the blocks..., but if that fails me, I will run the debug thingie like you said. Thanks for the quick reply, I know where to start looking (when I wake up) ttyl.

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 15:39

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

oh my , I must have been too sleepy when I was installing, I was missing more than blocks, one of my admin directories was empty! (maybe that is why I could not get in) I uploaded pretty much everything at once, but my ftp client did not transfer all of the subfolders so....I have to check and double check to make sure all of the files transfered in to my public html folder, i'll keep you posted. `coffee time

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 16:23

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

I have been through these files with a fine tooth comb, I installed what I was missing and updated the rest, yet it looks the same: www.flame-inc.org a page with a header and footer, and no modules.

I fail to see what the problem is, I have installed other portals before but never ran into anything like this, any more ideas? Thanks hsalazar, I would not have thought of the blocks without your help. But I still have no clue as to why this is still happening.

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/10 17:07

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It's possible one of the files were corrupted during decompression or during download. Redownload the whole package and upload all files again EXCEPT your mainfile.php

Clear you /templates_c folder and /cache folder to be sure no remnants are left behind.

When you are done that, go to system admin>modules and click the update icon beside the system module.

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 21:30

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

Thanks Stewdio, I drank enuff coffee and ran in a few circles while I reloaded the portal, by the time the caffine and nicotine wore off, it was loaded and fixed, it now works, thanks again.

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 22:11

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

okay it works like I said, but how do I get the look to it, you know the left and right colums and the info in the middle?

I looked through some of the templates uplaoded them but I can't take it off of the defalult template, so my homepage looks like "log in Only" how can I change that?

never mind, I poked around and slipped, fell and landed on it.

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/10 23:56

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

I am proud of myself, I have answered many of my own questions.

I recieved alot of help too.

Time to get to work!

Ty

hiteckart
  • 2004/9/11 19:31

• hiteckart

• Just popping in

ONE MORE QUESTION....

When I assign a block to all pages, why cant I see it when I log out?

When I am logged in, I see everything (good) but when I log out my whole middle section disappears and all I have are the left and right colums.

what is the cause you think?

never mind, fount it!

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits