jmikow
Switch from IIS to Apache
  • 2004/9/10 3:01

• jmikow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

I recently got XOOPS working an IIS/Mysql setup and am now trying to transfer it to a Suse 9.1 box with Apache2/Mysql.

I copied the database and website to the linux box but I can't get it to work.

I switched the IIS website to point to the linux database and it appeared to work correctly once I changed permissions for the user I had setup. When I went to login, it returned me to the main index.php page and said I wasn't logged in.

When trying to run from my full linux box (Apache2/Mysql) it won't even display the index.php page or any of the other pages. I changed the URL and location of the files in the mainfile.php but nothing is working.

For now I'm resorting to using the IIS/Mysql until I can get the Suse 9.1 install running.

Any ideas what might fix this situation?

hsalazar
Re: Switch from IIS to Apache
  • 2004/9/10 4:09

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

jmikow:

Remember that physical paths in a Windows machine or a Linux machine are expressed in different ways. You have to make sure any path in mainfile.php is expressed using UNIX directories logic.

Cheers.

jmikow
Re: Switch from IIS to Apache
  • 2004/9/10 12:51

• jmikow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

hsalazar,

I understand that to the best I can. In the mainfile.php on IIS the path is 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitename'. In the mainfile.php on the linux box it is '/srv/www/htdocs/sitename' which is underneath the default directory for Apache2.

any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits