minhboo
Xoops gallery and gallery remote
  • 2004/9/8 10:15

• minhboo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I cant seem to find an answer on forums.
Im running XOOPS 2 and xoopsgallery, and I would like to use gallery remote. put all the info in, but then it says that it cannot find gallery at the right url. i doublechecked the url, and its correct.
anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Docker
Re: Xoops gallery and gallery remote
  • 2004/9/8 12:01

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

I've had the same problem and did some digging last week. Apparently you need to have anonymous access enabled for Remote to work the way it was designed. The post I found indicated that there was a workaround or hack that you could do if you didn't want to grant anonymous access. However, I can't readily find the post nor recall what the steps were. But there is something out there that addresses this.

Docker
  • 2004/9/8 17:48

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

OK, I think this might be the answer to our problems if the error message you are getting is due to anonymous access not being enable.

http://xoopsgallery.org/modules/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=18

I'll be trying this over the coming weekend. Hope it works!!!

minhboo
  • 2004/9/10 8:44

• minhboo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

I got it to work!!!

I ran into several problems though, because my server didnt have netpbm or imagemagik, but now it works, and it looks great. However, thanks for the tip for anonymous posting though. All I do is turn it on when i upload, and then switch it back off. (do it in album permission). And tata! Plenty of album working with gallery remote.

example right here: minhboo.com

Im a super newb, and dont even know how to program, and i got it to work. If you have any questions email me!

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits