tvepsorg
Module not showing up...
  • 2004/9/7 6:42

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I have downloaded a module and I have used cuteftp to upload the files. I have kept the directory of the files like they should and when I go to modules in the admin panel the modules are not showing up. I have tried to upload several different modules and still I get the same problem. I have tried to upload the modules using drag and drop with IE and still the same problem. The files are definately on the server, but XOOPS is not seeing them in the admin panel. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

smdcom
Re: Module not showing up...

Quote:

tvepsorg wrote:
I have downloaded a module and I have used cuteftp to upload the files. I have kept the directory of the files like they should and when I go to modules in the admin panel the modules are not showing up. I have tried to upload several different modules and still I get the same problem. I have tried to upload the modules using drag and drop with IE and still the same problem. The files are definately on the server, but XOOPS is not seeing them in the admin panel. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

make sure you upload the folder inhttp://yourdomain.com/modules/

tvepsorg
  • 2004/9/7 7:29

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

absolutely positive.

talunceford

Make sure that you set your permissions accordingly.......

tofoo
  • 2004/9/7 13:12

• tofoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/19

check how the module is.
some modules do include files that have to be also in other XOOPS directories.
so under the module folder you may find a XOOPS directory or things like that.
easier is to check if in the module folder (once unzip or untar) you just have pages and directories like admin and such maybe..

if in the all trees you see a module directory it's that you did not uploaded it right.

most of the time in the module directory you should have an index.php page i think.

Just give us a module and what you see in the main directory to be sure..

tvepsorg
  • 2004/9/7 14:08

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

it is not any specific module. I have tried several different modules. I have 3 different sites. I have one XOOPS site under the main directoryhttp://www.tveps.org and another one onhttp://www.tveps.org/test. Modules that I upload to "test" work, but ones that I upload to the regular site are not working. I know that I have the permissions set properly, and I know that it's not the module I am uploading because the same module works on one site, but not the other. Whatever part of the XOOPS script recongnizes new files under www.yoursite.com/modules and displays that module in the admin panel is not working on my site. (at least that's what I'm thinking) can someone please tell me if I'm on the right track here.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits