rcjohnson
xoops browser compatability
  • 2004/9/1 13:59

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Is there a site anywhere that will test my XOOPS site with other browsers? I've done a google search, and found a few that display my site all messed up, but they do not show which browsers are being used to check it against.

Im not interested in loading up several different browsers on my machine, I've got enough junk on here already.

What do ya'll use?

m0nty
Re: xoops browser compatability
  • 2004/9/1 14:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i don't know any sites that do it.

i use firefox, mozilla, opera and IE6 & netscape on mine

all seem to be ok, but it works best with IE & firefox..

if u post ur link i'm sure people on here will be able to give you comments on what it looks like with their browsers :)

only thing i can't check mine with is MAC browsers, but have been told it looks ok when using a MAC..

Jan304
  • 2004/9/1 14:21

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

If you have too much junk, why don't you remove that, and in install in place of that junk a decent browser, like Firefox?

http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/

In your profile there was no link, so unable to check for you. In any case, a decent webdesigner has to check his site in at least two browser. If possible even more and on different operation systems.

Ofcourse you could friendly ask here on the forum to check your site with different browsers. I've got 4 browsers (Firefox, Moz 1.7a, Opera, Netscape 7.1). Ow, yes I do got IE but cannot place that in the list of browsers ofcourse...

rcjohnson
  • 2004/9/1 14:48

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Thanks for the tips. Im still putting it all together, and have just released it to a few of our customers.

Im new at this whole website design thing and am doing my best to make it look professional.

It has much work that needs to be done still, but here it is:

DTG Service Portal
user: defaultuse
pass: default

I would post it in teh review forum, but I don't want to many people checking it out just yet.

just fyi:
I used a 7dana template, the link to his/her website is missing right now, but will give the props to them when it goes live.

And I know the header logo is not big enough...its just a temp one.

Thanks for whoever checks it out. Like I said, this is my first attempt at creating a website....so any helpful criticism would be very appreciated.

Ryan

Jan304
  • 2004/9/1 15:33

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Looks fine in Firefox, however you might notice that the marquee tag notice a bit different, and also that it isn't a valid tag...

http://users.pandora.be/gieter/Neoshooter%201-09-2004%2018.05.05%202.png
(Uploaded to my fathers account to be fast, sorry for that )

m0nty
  • 2004/9/1 16:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

looks fine to me using IE6, Opera 7 and netscape 7.1

other than the points u pointed out.. and as Jan says the marquee isn't a valid html code.. it was written for IE so you'll get issues seeing it when using other browsers, it's not a major problem, but thought i'd make u aware..

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits