gopper
Is Zoops For Me? PLEASE HELP
  • 2004/8/31 20:31

• gopper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/31

This is what im wanting to do, is it possable useing XOOPS and the free moduels avalable?
-------------------------------------
I need the menu to look like:
Click Here
When some one clicks on a catagory such as Video it should come up with thumbnails like so: ( Inside the zoops desgn )
Click Here
Then when some one clicks on the thumbnail i need it to redirect to a page that shows like:( Inside the zoops desgn )
Click Here
-------------------------------------

Is this at all possable? If so how do i go abbout it... any assistance will be VERY helpfull.Click Here

carnuke
Re: Is Zoops For Me? PLEASE HELP
  • 2004/8/31 21:06

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Gopper and welcome to XOOPS forums

Re menu ---use Multimenu module

Re Thumbs and video, Mmm, not sure about video, but the closest I think will me xcgallery module. You will have to check out if it can display video... Any one else??

search google for 'xoops modules multimenu' and 'xcgallery' to see what they are like.

Good luck with your XOOPS development.

Richard

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/31 21:09

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hsalazar
  • 2004/8/31 21:58

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Gopper:

If you wait a bit, I'm almost ready to test a module called FilmMakers that has, among other things, the possibility to list movies and associate them with video clips, and later to reproduce the clips using an embedded player. For the moment only QuickTime and WMV/MPG/ASX formats, though.

Cheers.

rcjohnson
  • 2004/9/1 14:05

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Here is another tool that I just love! It will create a graphical menu with links to whereever you want. You can just copy the code that it generates into a custom block and place it where you want to.

Nav Bar Generator

Ryan

solo71
  • 2004/9/1 14:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

As for multimenu, you will find the latest version here.

On a side note, I'm preparing the 1.4 version, with plenty new functionnalities regarding the menu form. You will be able to see links as :

- standard menu (main menu like)
- lists
- number list
- scrolling lists (left block on the above page called "Nos marques")
- scrolling pictures
- sliding pictures
- fixed pictures

2 extra blocks, where you can choose, which multimenu you want to show, amongst the 4 available.

In the mean time, I have adapted the code so that spiders see the menu as a list only (for referencement enhancement).

I think it's about all at the moment...

gopper
  • 2004/9/4 12:13

• gopper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/31

------------------------
carnuke:
Thank you for your sugestions i will lookingto the Multimenu Module also the xcgallery. Thank you for all your help.
------------------------
tjnemez:
Thank you for this sugestion of static content. I did not realise this was possable in XOOPS and this will certainly help me in adding videos to pages.
------------------------
hsalazar:
I will lookout for this module. This should be able to work well with what i am intending to do.
------------------------
rcjohnson:
Thank you, the nav bar generator will come in usefull for the people on my forums.. I will post the link up. I know how to code basic html so the nav bar isent needed. although its a good script!!
------------------------
solo71:
Thank you for pointing out where the latest vershion. Im glad to see serch engens may see the pages as serch engens are very usefull to sites like the one i am intending to make..
------------------------
Thank you all for the support. I will implement some of the sugestions ( most ) and i will report to you on how it gets along.. Thanks for all the help. Hope to see yous sooon!

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits