m0nty
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/8/23 0:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:
Kalobotz wrote:

This seems nice but Is there a way to get XOOPS text formatting in there? Also, How do you tell who the editorial is written by? Wouldn't it be better to just have XOOPS comments?

those questions have been answered in this thread i believe..

but to sum it up again..

The sole purpose at the moment is to produce a stable working module.. after that is completed, Riaan will be able to concentrate more on adding new features.

text formatting is a possibility.

as mentioned before, the editorial can only be entered/edited by the review author or admin.. not by normal members.

the comments system is a possibility for the future, but as each reader can add their own review to each article, it kinda replaces the comment system in a way..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/8/23 8:35

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

m0nty wrote:

the comments system is a possibility for the future, but as each reader can add their own review to each article, it kinda replaces the comment system in a way..

Hi All,

I have the XOOPS comments integration as a definate feature on the development list, there is a lot of smarty coding that will have to be done before I can implement it into the next version as the comment class relies on this.

I think this version of the module is now stable enough for official release so that we can consentrate on new features, what is your thoughts?

Grotmis
Riaan

Kalobotz
  • 2004/8/30 14:13

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

Very good module. It hads tuns of user feeback options which is very good rather then just "user comments". I Like the sharp colorful icons as well as the glowing ones. Makes it come alive on the game site I'm doing.

I am getting this error on the main MyReviews page with the alphabet catagories up top after I connect to an image in the /Shots Bin
No Graphics library functions in PHP to create thumbs

and then this occurs on review item; edit and approve.

Error Code0013

ERROR
Could not query the database
ErrorYou have an error in your SQL syntax near 'platform='' , logourl='http://', status=2, date=1093695700 WHERE lid=0' at line 1

I am running XOOPS 2.0.7
PHP version 4.3.8 with Zend optimizer.

Some suggestions
-An easier way to edit modules other then the find by ID method,
-Maybe change Modify Review text to Modify Item; to searate it from the subReview logic.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/8/30 14:50

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Kalobotz wrote:
Very good module. It hads tuns of user feeback options which is very good rather then just "user comments". I Like the sharp colorful icons as well as the glowing ones. Makes it come alive on the game site I'm doing.

Thanks I had lots of help from the community.
Quote:

I am getting this error on the main MyReviews page with the alphabet catagories up top after I connect to an image in the /Shots Bin
No Graphics library functions in PHP to create thumbs

Make sure the graphics extension library is available to the server in the php.ini file under extensions check for:

extension=php_gd2.dll

Grotmis
Riaan

wcrwcr
  • 2004/8/30 14:52

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi all!!

Is there a download link to this version of the mod?

I saw It athttp://www.nake-it.com/modules/myReviews/

and it looks very stable.

Any tip will be great.
Thanks

m0nty
  • 2004/8/30 19:12

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
wcrwcr wrote:

Is there a download link to this version of the mod?

if u read the rest of the pages on this topic you'll find the link yourself.. (particularly page 7)

wcrwcr
  • 2004/8/31 3:50

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Thanks m0nty

I really passed by the link......sorry

Great job with this mod.

I?ll install and test on XOOPS 207.

Regards

Kalobotz
  • 2004/8/31 10:59

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

I'm not getting the PHP error anymore but I did nothing to the server. I do have that gd2 extension installed.

I'm still getting this error, though, on submission approvals for "Review Info Modification Requests"
Error Code0013

ERROR
Could not query the database
ErrorYou have an error in your SQL syntax near 'platform='' , logourl='http://', status=2, date=1093951986 WHERE lid=0' at line 1

Thanks

m0nty
  • 2004/9/6 11:50

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
Kalobotz Wrote:

I'm still getting this error, though, on submission approvals for "Review Info Modification Requests"

Error Code: 0013

ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'platform='' , logourl='http://', status=2, date=1093951986 WHERE lid=0' at line 1

platform was redundant code and should have been removed, however it looks like we missed 1 along the way.

Edit file myReviews/admin/index.php

find on line 841

$xoopsDB->query("UPDATE ".$xoopsDB->prefix("myReviews_downloads")." SET cid=$cid,title='$title',url='$url',homepage='$homepage',version='$version' ,size=$size ,platform='$platform' , logourl='$logourl', status=2, date=".time()." WHERE lid=$lid") or $eh->show("0013");

Replace with:

$xoopsDB->query("UPDATE ".$xoopsDB->prefix("myReviews_downloads")." SET cid=$cid,title='$title',url='$url',homepage='$homepage',logourl='$logourl', status=2, date=".time()." WHERE lid=$lid") or $eh->show("0013");

let us know how this goes...

Kalobotz
  • 2004/9/10 2:43

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Working great now.

This does not seem to be working:

Auto approve new reviews without admin intervention?

ADMIN and registered users can submit reviews without admin intervention weather this is switched on or off
Is this for the future where people will be able to submit products for review or does it refer to the actual reviews?

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits