DonXoop
Re: My Website: Symbiotic-Online.com

Holy crap. My point is that people should do research before...wait, you said the same thing. Ironic isn't it?

Like I said I'm not debating this with you or anyone else with that attitude.

So kiss my grits. Sorry I stopped by.

idiots.
no need to reply since it is off topic now. I'm not taking the bait.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/8/21 22:38

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

I don't see a "Design and Credits" link anywhere. I would like to see credit given to someone if their work was used as well.

Nice design, nice site. Personally not gay, so that will be the last visit for me. :)

stoavio
  • 2004/8/22 0:48

• stoavio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/22

Hello,

My name is Mason, I'm a moderator at yaxay.com. The theme displayed on symbiotic-online is indeed a rip of the yaxay skin. Regardless as to whether or not credits were publicly issued on the website, the theme is not for use by the general public. The parent company of yaxay retains full rights to the property which include anything displayed on the website.

Not everything is a direct rip however if it isn't taken from the website, it is heavily inspired. As you can see the two skins are very similar. This negligence to obey copyright to an obviously copy-written skin will likely prompt parent company, iNet Interactive, to investigate the violation further.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best Regards,
Mason Galindo

Forlorndeeds

Quote:

kohoutek wrote:
The style was never released. It's not an available theme. It is the theme of one website and its creators.

Well, modifying the navigation bar doesn't make it any better now does it? We probably have different ethics, but I don't think ripping a style 1:1, copying images into PS and just giving a few buttons a different color makes it a just move.
Neither can it be considered fair to claim something as your work when you've done nothing but copying and pasting someone else's work. Anyway, just my two cents. :)

Hey, wow. I did'nt know I would cause this.
This is'nt ripped, I would call it inspired.
Only part that is simular to Yaxay, is the navigation bar, that's the only part of it, which you may think is wripped.
You may think that I ripped it, but no, it was a tuturial on how to make a menu bar like yaxay

It's obviously very simular, but if you put it closer to light you would see the gradiants for the buttons are different, in fact, different colours, different SHAPE of the actual button itself. The file names are different, the image blocks are different size, and proportions then yaxay. The icons are simular, but not the identical ones of yaxay, you'll see the different shades.

It would be fair to say that, this is'nt a violation on any part of the site, and I am standing firm, that Symbiotic Online skin is different then yaxays.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits