m0nty
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2004/8/13 20:45

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hmmm think that's nothing to what i was really looking for..

a simple(ish) module for doing dj/artist profiles and allowing them a few downloads and places to put their sample tracks is all i require.. pretty much covered all i can think of at mo along with what dj said aswell..

don't wanna go into all this rating rubbish as such.. at the end of the day i aint bothered about who's an expert on what music etc, cos everybody has their own opinions on what they like.. and most the time when a supposed expert tells me a song is crap or a song is good, i tend to find different.. it's all a matter of what you like..

a ratings system like that shud really be saved for a full blown mp3 sharing site..

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/14 2:32

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

a full blown mp3 sharing site for indie artists is basically what i was wanting to build, but for the moment i could do with exactly what you described. the profile site with mp3 downloads and streaming. that would work to initially get the site i want to do moving again, especially since what i want to begin with is only localized (north carolina artists only).

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/18 13:24

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Well, I have begun relaunching the site in which I want to use this module. Hopefully this will get made and I can become rich and famous off of it's use.

So where are at exactly?

radiox151
  • 2004/8/25 17:29

• radiox151

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

This is my site, www.RADIOIV.com "New Artist Radio", I have integrated SAM2 broadcaster using iframes(playing,playlist,requests,schedule) I have also added band profiles (presskits) using the "Discography" module, which is very buggy but made it work somehow. I would like to also add a rating/voting system (users vote on songs/bands); Also have a way that bands can post their own band profiles as well.

Xfactor
www.RADIOIV.com
"New Artist Radio"
xfactor@radioiv.com

r_foxbridge
  • 2004/8/27 18:06

• r_foxbridge

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

I haven't checked if this has already been covered but I'd really be interested in supporting this project. I'd be willing to set up some hosting for the files and testing while this is in development if you're interested. You can contact me through the contact form on my site:
http://www.remixdepot.co.uk

Thanks
Royal Foxbridge
AMN Remix Depot - Open Electronic Music Collective
http://www.remixdepot.co.uk

metalhedd
  • 2004/8/29 5:39

• metalhedd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/29

I was hoping I wouldn't have to write this module alone. Im very new to XOOPS but this module is exactly what I need, so I'm getting myself involved, is there a Module Dev Forge project for it yet? lets get something on the go, it seems like we have established the featureset we need.

djsckizo
  • 2004/9/11 6:32

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

So what's up guys? Is this module still on the table/drawing board?

djsckizo
  • 2004/11/20 4:18

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

I've decided to do mine outside of XOOPS since this looks like it's not going to happen. Plus, it will be a good way to teach myself php. Maybe I'll be able to reconvert it into a module version.....and maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt lol

Just the warning to the rest of the internet: I'm attempting to do a php site. If your server explodes suddenly, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.

Still, it would be nice to see this as a module one day. I'll probably be using XOOPS for my next music site though (music label).

script_fu

Okay guys im up for this module to be built. We need a dev is there any takers? We also need a set price for
1.0 stable release. I willing to pay for some of the dev time myself. Let me know people what were going to do about this.

The donations module works fine and this all could be set up with no problem at all on my server or anyone's for that matter.

script_fu

I know this module falls short of expections needed. Would a dev be interested in making this a first class module for xoops? Would it be better to start fresh?

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?lid=1119&com_id=11955&com_rootid=11955&cid=43&#comment11955

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits