Kyaro
Block placement specification
  • 2004/8/14 7:15

• Kyaro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/14

Hey all. So I've got a couple of custom blocks that I've made, and several custom pages that are not default or regular PHP pages.

For instance, say I've got a page named "Kyaro" that you can access from the main menu. I would like my custom block only to be visible on the main Kyaro page.

The problem is, if you click "edit" on any of the blocks, there is a specific list of options for places that the blocks can be visible, ie "All pages, top page, forum, contact us".

How do I make my blocks only visible on my custom page, and not on any other page?

alyussiu
Re: Block placement specification
  • 2004/8/16 17:17

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/9 9

Hi ^-^. I'm making a custom page too and would like to do the same as you (put certain block on the right of it, which aren't available to all pages...).

If someone could help us ^_^.

jlm69
  • 2004/8/16 17:56

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I'm not really sure here but I'll try,

Maybe you could use myiframes or framebrowser to display your custom page, and then set the block only visible in that module.

never used myiframes but have used framebrowser

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/16 18:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well, could you offer a little more info? How are you custom pages generated? Thru one of the article management modules such as Wf-sections, tinycontent, tinyd etc? And if not, How are you providing links to the custom page?

When you get to the custom page do you have any other XOOPS blocks visible or just the custom page?

What type of block are you creating php? html?

dheltzel
  • 2004/8/17 2:34

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

I think the most straightforward way to do this would be to convert the custom pages into a module. It's not really as hard as it sounds. Then the module would show up in the block menu to select just that module.

Dennis

alyussiu
  • 2004/8/18 7:48

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/9 9

Oki.

My custom page is the following one :
http://www.japanese-kanji.org/kanji/

I've made it without any management modules cause xfsection seemed to have problems with php code...

On this page, all the blocks on the left are visible cause they are set to be visible on all pages. The blocks on the right aren't visible cause they are just set to be visible on some pages...

I'd like some of the right blocks to be visible on this custom page.

I also though about making a module but it seems I'd time to understand how it works... Well, maybe I should try anyway ^o^.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits