yellowchimp
activation of new members

Hi

I am experimenting with how to register new members for my site.

I only want to be able to register certain people to be able to access certain pages. So I have made some pages only accessible from links within a block that can only be seen by registered users.

So my first question is how do I register new users - each with their own username and unique password. I can't do it by clicking on the register now button because that will be deleted because I want control of who registers. All I want to appear on teh website is the login box with a space forpeople to enter their username and password. The register now bit will be deleted.

Secondly I tried to register a new user by clicking on the register now button and this message appeared:

"You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation. "

Any suggestions or pointers greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Yellowchimp

yellowchimp
Re: activation of new members

well i think i may have figured it out now. It wasn't difficult I was just being dumb.

I just have to set activation to automatic in userpreferences. ( I guess this is safe as only webmasters should be able to register new users - as I'm deleting the register now box)
And I can create new users in system admin - edit users.

Can I just ask if there is a limit to the amount of users I can create in this way. I envisage there being atleast a couple of hundred users.

Thanks

yellowchimp

Stewdio
Re: activation of new members
  • 2004/8/17 15:12

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

There is no theoretical limit to the amount of users can add in this way. 200 users is a cakewalk for XOOPS to handle

Login

Who's Online

76 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 76

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits