yogiman
MyMenu / MultiMenu Help
  • 2004/8/5 16:05

• yogiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

Hi Everyone,

I have loaded both of the above menu systems one at a time to see how they work, however although each appears to load correctly and I have setup to diplay them in blocks and groups, they refuse to show up on my home page.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

yogiman!

martyboy
Re: MyMenu / MultiMenu Help
  • 2004/8/5 16:32

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

hi, i'm not sure about MyMenu but with MultiMenu you have to use version 1.1. I had trouble getting menu blocks to show with other versions of MultiMenu but 1.1 works a treat.

You can get it in the Brasil modules pack in downloads.

Raurfang
  • 2004/8/5 16:50

• Raurfang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/15

MultiMenu 1.3 (posted recently on www.arma-sa.com) should work too.
At least it works for me

yogiman
  • 2004/8/5 18:28

• yogiman

• Just popping in

Hi

I am already using 1.3, my understanding was that this worked fine with XOOPS 2.x.

Regards

yogiman!

yogiman
  • 2004/8/5 18:29

• yogiman

• Just popping in

Hi I will give 1.1 a go, thanks for the tip.

best regards

yogiman!

solo71
  • 2004/8/13 14:15

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

You can download the lastest version multiMenu 1.31 where the bug problem has been definitely solved.

This version allow to use pictures... Which can be useful.

Soren
  • 2004/8/20 17:24

• Soren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/18

Hi,

for two days now I tried out most of the article management modules. They are either to complex, not working properly, or they are all not capable to create a simple block and store the associated content. The last possibility (maybe the most likely one) is that I am too stupid

MultiMenu is my last hope. Its great that it can create blocks, but is it able to store the content as well + providing an editor to work on the content and maybe something to wrap php files??

In my opinion a simple content menu should:
- ask for the title / name of the block it creates
- then allows to specify the categories/links which are to be shown in the block
- at the same time stores the content for this block in a database OR links to a static html file OR wraps php files (+ editor)
=> This would allow the admin to easily display content in a customized block. Without such a module I can create a block on my own, BUT WHERE DO I PUT THE CONTENT.

At the end you have your own block with a name (like MainMenu), some links in this block and when somebody clicks on a link, the content which is e.g. stored in the database is displayed in the center. Is MultiMenu able to do this? Or which module do I have to use for this?? I believe that such a module is very essential and I do not think that it is not developed yet. Please give me some hints where I can find such a module...

Thanks so much, Soren

solo71
  • 2004/8/20 17:39

• solo71

• Module Developer

I have exactly what you need.

>>> Edito - multiMenu - Webindex <<<

Edito should exactly suits your needs.

Pay attention, I just made this release for the french community to test it. Thus, I haven't implemented all the english defines (some are missing). Test it as it is, and I'll make the english version soon.

Soren
  • 2004/8/20 18:00

• Soren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/18

Hi solo,

Now I am curious about Edito. Unfortunately I can not install the module. Webindex and MultiMenu work, but with Edito it says "Module File for Not Found!" Don't know why.

Any ideas? I will try version 2.0 from the Wolfpack so far...

Regards, SOren

solo71
  • 2004/8/20 18:57

• solo71

• Module Developer

Oooh, thanks for report.

The problem is fixed now... Upload the pack and the files again (only the 'edito/xoops_version.php' one in fact).

Sorry for the inconvenience...

EDIT : Just a trick : don't hesitate to have a look at the module and block preferences.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits