Stewdio
Re: No other menu except HOME
  • 2004/8/12 3:15

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

::Looks up sleeve:: Yup, lets see, what do we have here ::rumages around::

Ah... well, go to your admin templates. Assuming your using the default template, go into the sytstem files (should be 26 of the suckers) and make sure that they are all 'generated'.

Failing that ::looks up sleeve again:: Clone your default, name it whatever, and change your default template set in Admin preference to the newly cloned set.

::Places each hand into opposing sleeves so he can invisibly cross his fingers::

jcera
  • 2004/8/12 3:29

• jcera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 6

uhm..ok, you lost me at "admin templates" (sorry! i'm quite new). are you telling me to go to modules\system\admin...? i feel that i'm wrong...can you tell me how to go there? ::blushes::

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/12 3:31

• Stewdio

To clone the default template go to System Admin->Templates, and click Clone next to the default template, you may call this clone anything you wish. XOOPS will now install the cloned template. After you have done this, go to System Admin->Preferences->General Settings and make the clone your default Template.

Then go back to System Admin-->Templates, a tick should be located to the right of the default template. You may need to click on "Generate" if any of the module files have a "red" generate link

jcera
  • 2004/8/12 3:37

• jcera

• Just popping in

oh! that was easy thanks to your instructions.

am i supposed to see the User Menu at this point? I went to check, and i still don't see it.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/12 3:43

• Stewdio

Theoreticly yes, you should be able to see it now.

I'm not done yet. Delete the following file.

/templates_c/db%3Asystem_block_user.html

Double check that this folder (not it's contents) is set to CHMOD 777

jcera
  • 2004/8/12 3:52

• jcera

• Just popping in

I deleted the file. I hope you're not losing your patience , but i still don't see the user menu.

I also see the numbers 777 opposite the templates_c folder...if i check the files under it, they're set to 644.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/12 3:58

• Stewdio

Sounds about right.

Ok, Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? You will find this in Admin>Preferences>General Settings

Set this to Yes.

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This is also true for block templates.

jcera
  • 2004/8/12 4:09

• jcera

• Just popping in

i changed the update module template to Yes, and then i submitted it. but i still have the same problem.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/12 4:11

• Stewdio

Now I'm tapped for ideas.

Mind if I go in and take a look? PM me the URL and login details. Maybe I will find something we overlooked.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/12 4:24

• Stewdio

Problem solved. For some reason, your block template file was blank with no content at all. Very strange. So instead of just rebuilding the one block templaye, I uploaded the default template from my site and called it Default2 and set it in the preferences.

I have no idea why it was blank and I wasn't taking any chances on any other template files being blank.

Good Luck and happy XOOPSing!

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits