tedsmith
WF-Downloads Sub-Catergory Displays
  • 2004/8/6 18:07

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Please does anyone know of the problem with the WF-Downloads module with regard to the first page of catergories looking lovelly, but as soon as you click on a catergory, all the layout goes wrong?

See my screenshot here:

http://www.lost-doggies.com/temp_graphics/wf_downloads_screenshot.jpg

Bascially, we have a vast catergory system concisting of 3 or 4 'levels', so you don't just click on one catergory on the first page and go straight to your download. It look really untidy, and happens no matter what Theme I use. Ideally, I want the first page to be replicated every time, but obviously the next level of catergories to be displayed as the user goes down the tree.

I use version 2.0.5a

Can anyone help at all? I am terrible when it comes to all these themes, templates etc. I want to get the site working fairly well first, and then I'll attempt to learn all the fancy customisation.

Thanks

m0nty
Re: WF-Downloads Sub-Catergory Displays
  • 2004/8/6 23:01

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ted,

I haven't got round to installing 2.05a onto my server yet.. my site been down for last week and been too busy lately..

but the image you shown is how it is intended t be..

there maybe an option in admin to change it to like the index page.. will install and take a look etc later 2nite or today(ish) if not, it shouldn't be too much trouble to change the template to match for you.. i actually prefer the index page view myself to the other..

i'll have a look when i have a bit more free time..

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/7 7:24

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I'd really appreciate that M0nty. Its very kind of you to offer. My teammates and myself thought it was a bug because it looks so bad! I know the module is great, but the fact that it is so distorted when you click on a sub-cat to show additional sub-cats just doesn't look right.

Could you let me know by PM when you start\finish the work so that I don't re-post the question?

Thanks again, and I'll look forward to your revamp.

Cheers

Ted

Bender
  • 2004/8/7 9:08

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
there maybe an option in admin to change it to like the index page.. will install and take a look etc later 2nite or today(ish) if not, it shouldn't be too much trouble to change the template to match for you.. i actually prefer the index page view myself to the other..

Sorry to say there is no option to change this so you would have to fiddle with the template at this moment.

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/7 16:12

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have not yet had any experience of fiddling with Templates. Could you give me a few basic pointers on where to start? In other words, if I were to try to make the sub-catergories appear like the index page, how would I do it? Could I , for example, copy the main index page of the module and overwrite another file with it, and then just change one or two values? If so, which values and which files would they be?

xpider
  • 2004/8/7 18:07

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/9 2

Are you trying to get the graphics images as well in the sub cats? Because if you are and believe that this would be something to add to a future version you should probably suggest it at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=663914&group_id=113004&func=browse

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/7 22:33

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks Xspider. Yep - I do want it to look like the index page, including graphics. I have submitted it as a development suggestion for the next release at the place you suggested above.

In the meantime, can anyone give me some helpful pointers on how to change this myself, seeing as it may be many months before the next version is released?

Thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/8 1:47

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
seeing as it may be many months before the next version is released?

Thanks

Months? We are working on version 2.06 right now.

I still think that what you want will be overkill for this and will lead to confusion even more for your users, but hey you want it, you got it =)

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/8 17:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I hope I haven't caused offence Liquid? What I meant by months was that I know a lot of effort went into 2.0.5 and I figured the team may be putting their efforts elsewhere for now, or even having a well earned rest! But if you are working on 2.0.6 now, then great!

Perhaps it's just me and my team that thinks the sub-catergory presentation is 'lacking'? If you guys (and perhaps others) think that the default method is best, then perhaps you could add an option to have it one way or the other? I'd hate for it to be changed to my preference, and then everyone say "My god - what have you done - it's awful - it was better before", if you know what I mean.

Cheers anyway Liquid - you always encourage ideas for the modules so hopefully this input will be helpful.

Ted

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits