talon39
wfsection - which html document to use?
  • 2004/8/6 16:12

• talon39

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/13

When creating a New section in WFSection v 2.0.1 you are asked to Select a HTML Document to be used
as the maintext of the page.
I see several documents listed. What is the difference?

Is there a manual for wfsection? The modules website seems to be down.

metin
Re: wfsection - which html document to use?
  • 2004/8/6 17:45

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

i did post yesterday in wf-projects forum the question about an user manual for ws-sections and get the answer that this isnt ready now but will be published step for step next time.

the wf-projects.com site did work yesterday and i think they will open again soon.

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/6 17:49

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

You are not alone with the confusion. The module is very feature rich indeed - so much so that it is tricky to use without some guidance. I tried to have a good look at it today for half an hour and left it till next week (it was late Friday afternoon!!). I imagine it's brilliant, once you know what you are doing. I want to use it to link to files like Adobe Acrobat and Word documents stored on our server so that my user can open them up and read them. I hope the module can do that, but I am yet to suss out how!

Bender
  • 2004/8/6 18:09

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

talon39 wrote:
When creating a New section in WFSection v 2.0.1 you are asked to Select a HTML Document to be used

This is an option. This is not a must. If you choose a html document here than that document will be displayed instead of the stuff you would usually type into the 'maintext' textfield a bit below this option.

Please note that you have to check 'Connect Page' for this to work.

The files you can select (test.html / test.php) are nothing more than example files. So if you have a html formatted text in a file you want to display you can just select this file to be shown instead of what you would usually type into the 'maintext' field.

To get your html files into the selection box you have to upload them to /modules/wfsection/html directory.

For an example:

If you would choose test.html it would also give you the explanation as the article would display this:

Quote:
This is an HTML file as an Article!

You can add a HTML file as your article with WF-Sections.

This can easily be done by uploading your HTML file into the html folder and when editing an article, choose the file from the pulldown menu and save.

Your file will be shown as if it where any other article and your users wont be able to tell the difference.

Easy as pie! eh?

Quote:
Is there a manual for wfsection?

As metin already said: currently no ... but it is being worked on. (i can say this for sure because i am working on it ;) )

Please tell me what do you need first in the manual. I started for example with a rundown of the Options available in 'Preferences' (in 2.01 its called Module Settings)

What do you want to see next?

Quote:
The modules website seems to be down.

I didn´t noted we had downtime then which doesn´t mean it didn´t happen. Just to make sure: You were using the new adress: www.wf-projects.com?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/6 20:53

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

talon39 wrote:

There are three different ways you can add content to your article.

1. Linked URL: There is a difference between this and the other two methods. With this method you are linking to another article (on or off site). You can enter some details as per normal (author name, summary, publish and expire date), but only a link will be displayed in the article listing and the html file and mainbody text will be ignored (as the article is only really a link and nothing more)

2. HTML/PHP/TXT: You can add these types of files as the maintext of your article. You have a choice of keeping these as a file or saving them to the database (convert for faster page times).

The PHP page is treated as an include and will execute as such.

You could say this is the same way as tiny Content/freecontent etc.

3. Maintext, Is the normal way of entering text in WF-Sections (Either with the XOOPS or the Spaw editor.

If you enter a linked url, then HTML and Maintext is ignored. In the same way if you enter HTML than maintext is ignored.

Hope that helps clear things up?

ATB

Catz

talon39
  • 2004/8/6 20:57

• talon39

• Just popping in

Your website is still down for me, even when I click the link you posted.
Quote:

Bender wrote:

This is an option. This is not a must. If you choose a html document here than that document will be displayed instead of the stuff you would usually type into the 'maintext' textfield a bit below this option.

Please note that you have to check 'Connect Page' for this to work.

The 'Connect Page' is only a option on the article creation form. My question is reagarding creating a Section, not an article.

I created a test section and a test article within that section. When creating the Section, there is a option to "Select HTML Document". I chose one from the list.
I chose to have the section display in the main menu. I then went to the home page and clicked wfsection from the main menu. THis caused a link to my test section to appear in the main menu under wfsection. On the wfsection page I see my section listed and the test article listed. If I click on the link to the section from the main menu or page, I get a blank white page. After reading your post, I went back and modified the section and changed the "HTML Document" to "----------" from the drop menu. I went back and checked, but it was still a blank white page. Went to modify again and the "HTML Document" I had intially selected, was selected again. So I started over and this time selected "---------" as the "HTML Document" from the beginning. Still resulted in a blank white page.
Am I required to make an default html document for each section and upload it? Selecting any of the choices from the drop menu result in a blank white page.

talon39
  • 2004/8/6 21:02

• talon39

• Just popping in

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Wow this must be my lucky day! Thanks for your replies!
However im not having trouble with the creation of articles(atm). My confusion seems to be with the creation of sections. The sections main page seems to always result in a blank white page if you click on the section link.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/6 21:09

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

talon39 wrote:
Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Wow this must be my lucky day! Thanks for your replies!
However im not having trouble with the creation of articles(atm). My confusion seems to be with the creation of sections. The sections main page seems to always result in a blank white page if you click on the section link.

Turn on php debugging and tell me what it says when you try to create a section please.

ATB

Catz

talon39
  • 2004/8/6 21:48

• talon39

• Just popping in

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Turn on php debugging and tell me what it says when you try to create a section please.

ATB

Catz

ok in Debug PHP mode, the only error I see during the section creation process in at the bottom of the section management page I see:
Warning [PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file c:inetpubwwwrootclassmodule.textsanitizer.php line 113

This error is repeated over and over at the bottom of that page.

luca200
site is still down
  • 2004/8/7 13:30

• luca200

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/7 1

It seems like the wf-projects site is still down. More accurately, it seems like the site name is not resolved by the dns system.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits